New handle, same dummy posting :-) | The Boneyard

New handle, same dummy posting :-)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can't believe it was possible, but after 25 years of living in San Diego and probably 20 years of ericsandiego (since the inception of this board, whenever that was), I moved to Los Angeles and have fully embraced the city with a name change to EricLA. I was told I am never allowed to move to Albuquerque - which is fair enough because EricAlbuquerque just doesn't roll off the tongue like EricLA does.

Embracing the new city. Rooting for the Dodgers, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, and Kings. Can't seem to bring myself to root for the Sparks tho. Just can't completely embrace the dark side... ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric in LA. Soon to be seen on the big screen. You gonna' share your movie star name with the BY?
I was thinking of "Justin Syder" or "Woody Held", but I'm open to suggestions...! :p

Just saw a driver's license that was "Phat Ho". Not any more - I'm too old for that, altho the first part is close LOL...

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Erica, eureka, EricLA ... I am not going to ask why you traded San Diego for LA, but I can speculate: You changed your gang colors right? :p
Work work work... I would never change from navy blue and white to maroon/yellow or blue/yellow...!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Can't believe it was possible, but after 25 years of living in San Diego and probably 20 years of ericsandiego (since the inception of this board, whenever that was), I moved to Los Angeles and have fully embraced the city with a name change to EricLA. I was told I am never allowed to move to Albuquerque - which is fair enough because EricAlbuquerque just doesn't roll off the tongue like EricLA does. Embracing the new city. Rooting for the Dodgers, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, and Kings. Can't seem to bring myself to root for the Sparks tho. Just can't completely embrace the dark side... ;)

Eric90210

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Can't believe it was possible, but after 25 years of living in San Diego and probably 20 years of ericsandiego (since the inception of this board, whenever that was), I moved to Los Angeles and have fully embraced the city with a name change to EricLA. I was told I am never allowed to move to Albuquerque - which is fair enough because EricAlbuquerque just doesn't roll off the tongue like EricLA does.

Embracing the new city. Rooting for the Dodgers, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, and Kings. Can't seem to bring myself to root for the Sparks tho. Just can't completely embrace the dark side... ;)

well, I just moved a tad north of Albuquerque, so, I got that covered for ya..
Given the local abbreviation tendency, if you had come to the Land of Enchantment, you might be EricABQ!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
well, I just moved a tad north of Albuquerque, so, I got that covered for ya..
Given the local abbreviation tendency, if you had come to the Land of Enchantment, you might be EricABQ!
And congrats to you! Albuquerque was in the mix when we moved to Tucson - it was always Tucson, but Albuquerque and the Austin area (where we have family) were considerations.

The 2 negatives to your new home (for us) was that the weather - while somewhat milder - still resembled NJ too much. And the interstates / traffic. But we have enjoyed all our visits, generally when passing through.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Eric - enjoy LA. As a tourist - visiting LA once and San Diego once - both cities / areas had a lot of cool features for residents.

If I had ever been plunked to live in LA, I wouldn't know who to root for, I don't really like most of the pro teams. But truthfully, moving to Arizona, the only 2 pro teams we "added" were the Cardinals and the Mercury. Still a (football) Giants / Yankees / Liberty (Knicks and Rangers but don't follow) fan. And I see you'll be sticking with your Chargers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Not even a mention??? :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You Eric will slide into the sea! Meanwhile, I'll be dying in a John Cusack disaster movie. Or the Zombies will get us both.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The difference between San Diego and LA aside from a lot. In SD a sailor walks by and mentions the kid in your stroller is cute. In LA, Dustin Hoffman walks by and says the same. Happened to my son walking my grandson.

Been to LA a ton, SD once. I'm guessing before long, one of those See The Homes of the Stars buses will include the home of famous BYer EricinLA.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

I hereby place a curse on the Rams to never have a winning season again. Sour grapes, I know, but we loved our STL team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The difference between San Diego and LA aside from a lot. In SD a sailor walks by and mentions the kid in your stroller is cute. In LA, Dustin Hoffman walks by and says the same. Happened to my son walking my grandson.
im-walking-here-hey-im-walking-here.jpg

Reaction Score

As long as you don't root for UCLA when they play UConn :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was thinking of "Justin Syder" or "Woody Held", but I'm open to suggestions...! :p

Just saw a driver's license that was "Phat Ho". Not any more - I'm too old for that, altho the first part is close LOL...
Buck Naked?
George_Costanza.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom