New FTT post | The Boneyard

New FTT post

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Summarizing non-UConn views of UConn - it varies depending who you talk to.

So, the institutional profile, TV markets and overall athletic department strength point to UConn being a very strong candidate for the Big 12 even if there’s only a 2-team expansion, yet the geographic and football fit issues make it vulnerable enough that its fans are unfortunately going to sweat whether it’s a 2 or 4-team expansion. To be clear, if I were running the Big 12, I’d certainly add UConn in a 4-team expansion since I believe that it’s clearly a P5-level institution, but it’s a school whose prospects are hard to read in the real world. UConn is essentially in the same “hot or cold” boat as BYU where there are respected people that believe that they’re near the top of the Big 12 expansion list while others that are in the know aren’t as optimistic.

(Frank has a couple more paragraphs on UConn as well and goes through all the candidates. )

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you don't think CSU and UNLV are absolute must-haves for the Big12 you're not valid.

Reaction Score
pretty fair and balanced assessment... though, not sure about the per capita comment related to football recruiting - someone dig out the CT D-1 recruiting/NFL draft/NFL roster data that showed CT in the top 10 or so a couple of years back.

Reaction Score
Actually Frank was the first to mention UConn as a possibility
In future B12 expansion. It was Right after the ACC snub ,
and at time when there was talk of dropping football
He encouraged us to hang in there as we were definitely a possibility in any future plans
I for one thought it was smoke as he had been critical of UConn's football history

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I like Frank's comment about UConn looking great in a blind resume test. So true.

If you had to pin him down, he might say we're the #3 or #4 option. If the Big 12 takes two, were probably out. If they take four, we're a no brainer.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I like Frank's comment about UConn looking great in a blind resume test. So true.

If you had to pin him down, he might say we're the #3 or #4 option. If the Big 12 takes two, were probably out. If they take four, we're a no brainer.
#PrayFor4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul