New Feature | The Boneyard

New Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There will be a few new/improved features with the recent upgrade. The first is a search feature that shows a thread starter up to five previous posts to see if the topic has already been discussed. It won't always be a great match, but three or four should be close.

Also, at the bottom of a thread are up to five past threads matching the topic being discussed.

Please DO NOT use this feature to bump old threads unless it is an off topic thread (beer, pizza, BREAKING NEWS, etc).

40F79D3D-9160-48F5-9899-8A451F3BC749.png

Reaction Score
There will be a few new/improved features with the recent upgrade. The first is a search feature that shows a thread starter up to five previous posts to see if the topic has already been discussed. It won't always be a great match, but three or four should be close.

Also, at the bottom of a thread are up to five past threads matching the topic being discussed.

Please DO NOT use this feature to bump old threads unless it is an off topic thread (beer, pizza, BREAKING NEWS, etc).

View attachment 63257
I appreciate the effort to improve the site. My suggestion is it might need some tweaking.

If you read the OT: Giants v Cowboys thread, the suggested similar threads at the bottom are from 2015, 2016, 2015, and 2014, and are all locked.

If possible, maybe filter the suggestions to not include locked threads, and/or threads over 1-2 years old?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I appreciate the effort to improve the site. My suggestion is it might need some tweaking.

If you read the Giants v Cowboys thread, the suggested similar threads at the bottom are from 2015, 2016, 2015, and 2014, and are all locked.

If possible, maybe filter the suggestions to not include locked threads, and/or threads over 1-2 years old?

They are shown to be read, not bumped. If a search match is recent, it isn't locked. After three or four pages most threads are off topic, and it's not a good look for a site to have old threads on the first page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA