New ESPN Podcast Trifecta features UCONN story | The Boneyard

New ESPN Podcast Trifecta features UCONN story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard to listen to so much of the drivel at the beginning. UConn discussion starts at 13:00. Doris is great (not easy for me to admit; maybe she's better in an extended discussion than in piecemeal comments while announcing).

She says: Next year, AZ will be the best player in the country, as long as she accepts Geno's coaching!

Does anyone know if this occurred before or after Wednesday, because Doris seems to be enthralled by UConn but saying that ND (and USC) are more talented and deeper this year (would she say that without qualification after Wednesday)?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to listen to so much of the drivel at the beginning. UConn discussion starts at 13:00. Doris is great (not easy for me to admit; maybe she's better in an extended discussion than in piecemeal comments while announcing).

She says: Next year, AZ will be the best player in the country, as long as she accepts Geno's coaching!

Does anyone know if this occurred before or after Wednesday, because Doris seems to be enthralled by UConn but saying that ND (and USC) are more talented and deeper this year (would she say that without qualification after Wednesday)?
This discussion happened after the ND game, since many of her comments referred to UConn's continued dominance.

Reaction Score

According to the archives, it was from today, 12/10.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Azura, Lou, Pheesa, Megan. How many NPOY candidates can we have on one team? :)

Reaction Score
Look, I go game to game w/my feelings regarding Doris. IMHO, I have found her to do her best job w/NBA games . She still is insisting that at least N.D and S.C. are more talented and deeper and really " need " to beat Uconn. Well, it seems to me that only half of that is true. They are deeper. Dwelling on what the Huskies lost to graduation at this point in the season instead of noticing that the FAB FOUR of Williams, KLS, Collier and Nurse as we've seen, are a pretting difficult combination to defend and are pretty darn talented. So, does Doris really believe these teams are more talented, or does she just succumb to the anyone but Uconn pressure existing in WCBB ?

Reaction Score
This morning on the espn sports reporter's show Bob Ryan did a nice segment on uconns streak. You can watch the replay at 12:30 on espnnews.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with her saying that other teams are more talented. Aren't people on this board always saying it's not that UConn recruits the most talent, but rather that Geno does the most with what he gets? We can't have it both ways.

And as for depth, there can be little doubt about that. Only 7 players saw the court against Notre Dame, with Butler getting only 8 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom