New England Class of 2019 Top 100 Announced | The Boneyard

New England Class of 2019 Top 100 Announced

Reaction Score
New England Top 100 for Class of 2019
Announced today, January 29, 2019. Not too shabby for the Huskies with Akok at #2 and Bouknight at #3:

"Updated rankings have been rolling out in recent weeks both locally and nationally.

It began with updated rankings in all six of New England's states, which were expanded to include first year prep products for the first time.

Then, last week, ESPN announced their updated national rankings.

Now, we'll wrap up the process with the release of our full top 100 in New England's class of 2019.

Jalen Lecque, Akok Akok, James Bouknight, Alonzo Gaffney, and Kai Jones sit at the top of the class as the five best long-term prospects in the group while Tre Mitchell, Brycen Goodine, Chris Ledlum, Ismael Massoud, and Tyson Etienne round out the top ten."

Click following link for full class of 2019:
New England Class of 2019 |

Some players often discussed here include:
Tre Mitchell at #6 is the only one in the top 21 who hasn't committed;
Wake Forest picks up #9 Ismael Massoud from McDuffie and #30 Ody Oguama from Woodstock;
Wichita St. picks up #10 Tyson Etienne from PSA and #12 Noah Fernandes from Woodstock Academy;
Texas Tech gets #14, 7 footer Russel Tchiewa, from PSA;
Charles Coleman at #22 uncommitted(could be higher after he gets home from dUKE);
Marial Mading at #23 to Rhody (the center we tried to remember from Springfield a couple years ago);
Charles Pride at #32 to Bryant (Dad was a good singer);
Jaylin Hunter at #48 uncommitted;
Joey Reilly at #68 uncommitted;

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Announced today, January 29, 2019. Not too shabby for the Huskies:

"Updated rankings have been rolling out in recent weeks both locally and nationally.

It began with updated rankings in all six of New England's states, which were expanded to include first year prep products for the first time.

Then, last week, ESPN announced their updated national rankings.

Now, we'll wrap up the process with the release of our full top 100 in New England's class of 2019.

Jalen Lecque, Akok Akok, James Bouknight, Alonzo Gaffney, and Kai Jones sit at the top of the class as the five best long-term prospects in the group while Tre Mitchell, Brycen Goodine, Chris Ledlum, Ismael Massoud, and Tyson Etienne round out the top ten."

Click following link for full class of 2019:
New England Class of 2019 |

Some players often discussed here include:
Tre Mitchell at #6 is the only one in the top 21 who hasn't committed;
Wake Forest picks up #9 Ismael Massoud from McDuffie and #30 Ody Oguama from Woodstock;
Wichita St. picks up #10 Tyson Etienne from PSA and #12 Noah Fernandes from Woodstock Academy;
Texas Tech gets #14, 7 footer Russel Tchiewa, from PSA;
Charles Coleman at #22 uncommitted(could be higher after he gets home from dUKE);
Marial Mading at #23 to Rhody (the center we tried to remember from Springfield a couple years ago);
Charles Pride at #32 to Bryant (Dad was a good singer);
Jaylin Hunter at #48 uncommitted;
Joey Reilly at #68 uncommitted;
Joey Reilly possibly related to Coach Joe Reilly from South Catholic High ???

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Joey Reilly possibly related to Coach Joe Reilly from South Catholic High ???
I think its his nephew; his dad is is coach at East I think? Or it could be the other way around.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Glad Bouknight is committed to UConn; though we should have competed better with Connecticut for Akok.
I was just about to comment on this. :D

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Grandfather coached at South, father coaches Wesleyan, plays for uncle at East
Nearly 50 years ago I was a Summer camp counselor, second or third in rank, w/Joe Reilly the lead. I had only a vague until later who he was as a coach because the camp was Kingswood-centric. Even to the self-centered clueless teenager that I was, he was a very solid guy.

Reaction Score
I played for him at South Catholic. Amazing little known fact Joe Reilly was the head coach , Gary Palladino was the JV coach and last but least Dom Perno was the .....: freshman coach. And he was pretty bad at that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am a bit naïve about this so someone please help - how does a place like Woodstock Academy have 14 players all in 2019 class in top 100 and 65% have LOIs to some good schools. Where is all the game time for these guys? I can see Brewster with their starting 5 but 14?
On another note - Jaylin Hunter is #48 and impressing more and more every time he steps on the court - I like his game - have seen him 2 times

Reaction Score
Just a reminder that despite their claims, NERR is an aggregator, not an evaluator. Generally unimpressed with most of their rankings and almost all their intel comes from NEPSAC coaches who's butt they choose to kiss. Hunter was even't mentioned at all until a week or two, but any diligence would've known he was a prospect in Nebraska who played for a successful Adidas sponsored AAU team.

Reaction Score
Wonder if our coaches are working on relationships with Brewster? They have a number of highly ranked bigs going out of the area or maybe back to schools in their home areas.

Reaction Score
I am a bit naïve about this so someone please help - how does a place like Woodstock Academy have 14 players all in 2019 class in top 100 and 65% have LOIs to some good schools. Where is all the game time for these guys? I can see Brewster with their starting 5 but 14?
On another note - Jaylin Hunter is #48 and impressing more and more every time he steps on the court - I like his game - have seen him 2 times

They have 2 Prep teams "Varsity Blue" and "Varsity Gold", gold being the better of the two. They only have one returning kid from the Gold team from last year Tre Mitchell. They re-loaded this year with all kids who are only going to be there for a year, which is why so many kids are already signed to schools. It seems like this is going to be the normal for them. Bergeron is an excellent recruiter.

Reaction Score
We wanted Lecque for this current season.

I don't follow HSB recruiting as closely as I follow football so I wasn't aware. Seems to me he would have been a high priority, but then again with the coaching turmoil and general instability surrounding the program it would have probably been a challenge to bring him to campus in any case. Hurley seems to be doing well so far. Hope it continues.

Reaction Score
According to that list Akok is going to Connecticut.

But Bouknight is going to UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom