New! DJ Morgan Show Episode 3 on Holy Cross, Randy Edsall, and Coach Spanos | The Boneyard

New! DJ Morgan Show Episode 3 on Holy Cross, Randy Edsall, and Coach Spanos

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Latest episode of the DJ Morgan Show is now live. He's really open about the team coming off the loss to Holy Cross, the events of the past week, preparing for the rest of the season, responding to those who think the program should be ended a whole lot more:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
"... not being afraid to make mistakes..."

I can't tell you how important that is when competing in a sport. I don't know what that will mean for the Purdue game, but I can tell you what it likely meant for the Holy Cross game.

Hopefully, the results will improve with the improved morale...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"...flying around having fun"

You can see this program has had kids play tight...way too tight. Maybe Randy had some of them in mental pretzels.

Reaction Score
"...flying around having fun"

You can see this program has had kids play tight...way too tight. Maybe Randy had some of them in mental pretzels.
There is no maybe. Randy loves to play vanilla defenses and offenses and then harp on all the mistakes that his players make. His players do a lot of thinking on the field trying to not make any mistakes rather making any plays. I remember Sio Moore had a monster game against West Virginia one year and when Randy was asked about it he only said he would have to look at the game film to determine how good of a game Sio actually played. Another words, Sio made some mistakes out on the field as well. Good fundamentals and discipline are important but Randy is so over the top in this area of coaching that in my opinion his kids play way too tight and as a result make very few plays on the field.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is no maybe. Randy loves to play vanilla defenses and offenses and then harp on all the mistakes that his players make. His players do a lot of thinking on the field trying to not make any mistakes rather making any plays. I remember Sio Moore had a monster game against West Virginia one year and when Randy was asked about it he only said he would have to look at the game film to determine how good of a game Sio actually played. Another words, Sio made some mistakes out on the field as well. Good fundamentals and discipline are important but Randy is so over the top in this area of coaching that in my opinion his kids play way too tight and as a result make very few plays on the field.
I used “maybe” just because I didn’t want anyone to read my post and jump to the conclusion that I think the program is suddenly going to start making great strides because the “execution” ogre is gone. Of course I would like it to be so simple, but it won’t be.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It's hard to add wrinkles when you can't execute the basics. That said- you can't sit there like a sitting duck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom