New Dishin & Swishin podcast: Talking NCAA & WNBA hoops with Mechelle Voepel | The Boneyard

New Dishin & Swishin podcast: Talking NCAA & WNBA hoops with Mechelle Voepel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got to chat with Voepel last night for a bit, covering both NCAA topics, and then some WNBA stuff too. A lot of good information.

Some of the topics covered on the NCAA women’s basketball front:
  • UConn and South Carolina ahead of their game Monday night; does South Carolina have what it takes to beat UConn?
  • The differences between this year’s Huskies and prior years, including the approach Geno Auriemma seems to have toward playing time.
  • Who has the best chance at defeating UConn? Baylor? Notre Dame? South Carolina? Someone else?
  • A look at the selection committee’s first top ten list, and with that the rise of the Pac -12. Can it last?
  • What is going in with Tennessee and the SEC as a whole? Can it be turned around and if so how?
  • Are the rule changes having an impact in what we are seeing this year? Especially the four quarters and the advancing the ball in the last two minutes on an out of bounds play.
  • If some of the high profiled coaching jobs open up, what will happen? Who would be willing to go where and the impact?
If that is not enough for you, then let us slide over to the WNBA and discuss:
  • Thoughts on the new schedule, seeding, and playoff formats the WNBA put into place; the good and the bad.
  • Free agency is in full swing; the importance of New York signing Shavonte Zellous and what it could mean for the franchise.
  • Will Indiana’s opponents need extra ice packs when they go against new teammates Erlana Larkins, Devereaux Peters, and Natalie Achonwa.
  • An early look at possible WNBA draft choices, including a couple of names you may not have considered before.
http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...oepel-about-the-latest-in-ncaa-and-wnba-news/

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Enjoyable -
I think you like most in the media overestimate the quality of the SEC - everyone marvels at bottom feeders like Arkansas and Auburn being able to beat MIZ and TAMU and TENN and UK and assigns to them great credit for beating ranked teams, when the reality is those ranked teams are just not that good and have yet to learn how to travel off their own courts. And the continued use of RPI as some meaningful rating system just perpetuates that. Creating a high RPI only requires that you play a lot of teams that win a lot of games against inferior competition - many in the bottom reaches of the P5 have predicted that by playing truly horrible OOCs. Alabama at 11-2 and Auburn at 10-3 OOC just prove that.

a small production note: when Mechelle was talking I think your mic was picking up your labored breathing - sounds like you have some mid-winter congestion? Just a bit distracting.

Reaction Score
a small production note: when Mechelle was talking I think your mic was picking up your labored breathing - sounds like you have some mid-winter congestion? Just a bit distracting.

Yeah, I kinda thought that happened too....My office phone picks up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom