New Director of Football Strength and Conditioning - Eric Klein | The Boneyard

New Director of Football Strength and Conditioning - Eric Klein

Reaction Score
Get ready for some yoga (not at all meant to ridicule -- I get the value in it . . .)

I love this idea. SO many pro's are doing it themselves, and whole teams have adopted it as a part of their training.

Core strength and balance are so important (especially for OL). This has to be good for them.

BTW...i'm not a paid sponsor. Ive never done it.....but i love the idea as it relates to football.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Coach Klein brings his playbook and that same feisty attitude that helped him beat Red Beaulieu. Visualize and attack!

Reaction Score

A coach with success at a school that wasn't known for typically bringing in players, relative to their league opponents, who were "field ready" from Day 1.....that bodes well for UConn. The staff put together, between the known quantities and initial perception of the new faces, has exceeded my expectations by a wide margin!

Reaction Score
Get ready for some yoga (not at all meant to ridicule -- I get the value in it . . .)
I love it....

I use yoga with my baseball players during the spring to keep them injury-free and strong over an 8-month season. There are so many benefits to it. In addition to improved flexibility, yoga promotes: balance, coordination, core strength, total body strength, and muscular endurance. Power athletes who just lift weight tend to disregard pre and post workout stretching. The lack of a flexibility component makes them susceptible to injury due to lack of muscular elasticity causing stiffness in the joints and limiting range of motion. The most common area of stiffness associated with power athletes is in their hips. Yoga helps train the smaller ancillary muscles not commonly used in specific sports, creating new neuromuscular pathways and increased muscle fiber recruitment during sport-specific movements. Yoga improves an athletes ability to be: more athletic, explosive and powerful, decreases risk of injury, can lead to increased muscular size and strength, improves the bodies ability to recover from strenuous activity, can lead to an increase in both linear and non-linear speed, agility and quickness, and a heightened sense of proprioception and kinesthetic awareness.

Sorry, I may have gotten a little carried away, but I'm a huge proponent of yoga for all athletes.

Reaction Score
I love it....

I use yoga with my baseball players during the spring to keep them injury-free and strong over an 8-month season. There are so many benefits to it. In addition to improved flexibility, yoga promotes: balance, coordination, core strength, total body strength, and muscular endurance. Power athletes who just lift weight tend to disregard pre and post workout stretching. The lack of a flexibility component makes them susceptible to injury due to lack of muscular elasticity causing stiffness in the joints and limiting range of motion. The most common area of stiffness associated with power athletes is in their hips. Yoga helps train the smaller ancillary muscles not commonly used in specific sports, creating new neuromuscular pathways and increased muscle fiber recruitment during sport-specific movements. Yoga improves an athletes ability to be: more athletic, explosive, powerful, decreases risk of injury, can lead to increased muscular size and strength, improves the bodies ability to recover from strenuous activity, can lead to an increase in both linear and non-linear speed, agility and quickness, and a heightened sense of proprioception and kinesthetic awareness.

Sorry, I may have gotten a little carried away, but I'm a huge proponent of yoga for all athletes.

Boy, that made me feel dumb.

But res ipso loquitor to you!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I love it....

I use yoga with my baseball players during the spring to keep them injury-free and strong over an 8-month season. There are so many benefits to it. In addition to improved flexibility, yoga promotes: balance, coordination, core strength, total body strength, and muscular endurance. Power athletes who just lift weight tend to disregard pre and post workout stretching. The lack of a flexibility component makes them susceptible to injury due to lack of muscular elasticity causing stiffness in the joints and limiting range of motion. The most common area of stiffness associated with power athletes is in their hips. Yoga helps train the smaller ancillary muscles not commonly used in specific sports, creating new neuromuscular pathways and increased muscle fiber recruitment during sport-specific movements. Yoga improves an athletes ability to be: more athletic, explosive and powerful, decreases risk of injury, can lead to increased muscular size and strength, improves the bodies ability to recover from strenuous activity, can lead to an increase in both linear and non-linear speed, agility and quickness, and a heightened sense of proprioception and kinesthetic awareness.

It's all good. Yoga's the bomb.

Reaction Score
I love it....

Why do you hate yoga so much?!

Reaction Score
I love it....

Good on you, Coach! Giving your kids the tools to take care of their bodies for their WHOLE life!

Reaction Score
We were bigger and stronger on defense last year but but less flexible and less agile. We looked slow and plodding and less explosive to the ball. Did Balis subscribe to the yoga philosophy at all--or is this the magic elixir Eric Klein will only now be introducing to the training routine?

Reaction Score
Boy, that made me feel dumb.

Nah... it's easy.
20.jpg

Reaction Score
I love it....

Started doing HOT yoga at my gym.
Some of the weight lifters in the club were taking it and it improved strength and lifting capacity.
Was able to improve flexibility and it enabled me to be able to get a golf club all the way
back and keep up clubhead speed. Kept up muscle tone. Weight lifting using your own body weight.
Very awesome stuff.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Beth Goetz ‏@bgoetz12 40s 41 seconds ago
Good to be back on the same team my friend!

And Athletic Director Dave.

Edit: Now I see someone else previously connected those dots, too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Starting to look like a REAL college football staff
Can't wait to see the results

Reaction Score
I love it....

That is all well and good, but the question that must be answered before implementing this idea with the FB team is will Lululemon be willing to make yoga pants in sizes to fit the offensive and defensive linemen?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
To be fair, the diaco regime had yoga too. How do I know this? Mrs pepband texted me in the middle of the women's football event and said:

"I just did yoga with knappe"

The mind boggles...

Reaction Score
To be fair, the diaco regime had yoga too. How do I know this? Mrs pepband texted me in the middle of the women's football event and said:

"I just did yoga with knappe"

The mind boggles...

Does that explain the red pants?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love it....

I wish you added your team went undefeated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom