New DIII League | The Boneyard

New DIII League

Reaction Score

Connecticut has a club applying. I have a hunch it is Hartford City looking to move up.

Reaction Score
I'm betting it is Elm City. They seem to have bigger dreams. On of the three bidders for the Harbor Yard contract in Bridgeport was an unnamed soccer ownership group with interests in U. S. and Brazilian teams. It was clearly Elm City.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm betting it is Elm City. They seem to have bigger dreams. On of the three bidders for the Harbor Yard contract in Bridgeport was an unnamed soccer ownership group with interests in U. S. and Brazilian teams. It was clearly Elm City.
I don't follow Elm Coty too closely but what makes you think it was them? Everything I've read from the owners of Hartford FC sounds like they are all in to bring the club to higher heights. Hey also seem to have a bigger following. Just curious as I don't know a thing about Elm City other then the fact they had a great season

Reaction Score

Hartford was one of the first teams that expressed interest in Nisa when it popped up.

Reaction Score
I don't follow Elm Coty too closely but what makes you think it was them? Everything I've read from the owners of Hartford FC sounds like they are all in to bring the club to higher heights. Hey also seem to have a bigger following. Just curious as I don't know a thing about Elm City other then the fact they had a great season
Elm City drew 3K (capacity +) for the final so they are building a following. More importantly, they wouldn't bid for control of a 5,500 seat stadium if they didn't have bigger ambitions. The same owners have a team in one of Brazil's provincial leagues so they are also committed to investing in soccer ownership as a business.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Elm City drew 3K (capacity +) for the final so they are building a following. More importantly, they wouldn't bid for control of a 5,500 seat stadium if they didn't have bigger ambitions. The same owners have a team in one of Brazil's provincial leagues so they are also committed to investing in soccer ownership as a business.
True on your bidding statement but in the same boat, Hartford FC has tried multiple times to get Hartford to allow them to play and upgrade Dillon Stadium. No clue how accurate all the info is on who would pay for it but it sounds like Hartford FC has big hopes too.

I have no idea who the Ct team was but hopefully we'll get a higher level team sometime soon. I think it's clear there's a market for it.

Reaction Score
After the "NASL to an upgraded Dillon" fraud charges and the DD Stadium contractor fiasco, combined with Hartford's virtual bankruptcy, I'll be surprised if anything happens with Dillon. It's a low budget high school facility that would require a complete rebuild for upgraded use. At least it is a football/soccer layout, but from a facilities perspective, it doesn't compare to Harbor Yard or any post 1980s stadium.

If it's Hartford FC looking to move up, I'll bet they would use neither Dillon nor their current home at CCSU's small capacity soccer field as they wouldn't meet the requirements for a higher level of play. I wonder what they have in mind?

Reaction Score
After the "NASL to an upgraded Dillon" fraud charges and the DD Stadium contractor fiasco, combined with Hartford's virtual bankruptcy, I'll be surprised if anything happens with Dillon. It's a low budget high school facility that would require a complete rebuild for upgraded use. At least it is a football/soccer layout, but from a facilities perspective, it doesn't compare to Harbor Yard or any post 1980s stadium.

If it's Hartford FC looking to move up, I'll bet they would use neither Dillon nor their current home at CCSU's small capacity soccer field as they wouldn't meet the requirements for a higher level of play. I wonder what they have in mind?

Hartford is actively trying to secure the use of Dillon for next season. It's all over their Instagram. They have a low cost plan to spruce the place up.

Elm City's GM was on Sirius XM a while back. Doesn't sound like they have the fanbase that Hartford City does but they have a leg up on the rest of the NPSL because they won't put college kids on the roster.

Reaction Score
Why the perception that Hartford FC has a stronger fanbase? I didn't go to any of their games, but when I was passing through NB I stopped to take a look at their field and it looked like it would seat 1,000 at best so the crowds couldn't have been huge. Is there a strong supporter's club or other reason to think they have particularly strong fan support?

Reaction Score
Why the perception that Hartford FC has a stronger fanbase? I didn't go to any of their games, but when I was passing through NB I stopped to take a look at their field and it looked like it would seat 1,000 at best so the crowds couldn't have been huge. Is there a strong supporter's club or other reason to think they have particularly strong fan support?

Yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom