New Defensive Line Coach - Dennis Dottin-Carter | The Boneyard

New Defensive Line Coach - Dennis Dottin-Carter

Reaction Score
Interesting hire. I wonder if he'll be recruiting New England

Reaction Score
Love this staff profile

Clearly ... Crocker knew his work well: both at Maine and at Delaware. He is known. His work is researched and scrutinised. He is young. And I did expect Edsall to fall back to past hires ... of Hughes or Foley or Chad Wilt. He grew some over the years. With the success of Ambrose, Moorhead, Orlando ... we know he has a good sense of what works. Welcome coach Dottin-Carter

Reaction Score
So Crocker isn't coaching any particular position? That's interesting and seems a little unusual. I wonder who is going to coach special teams. My guess is Cox but coaching CB, S, and ST seems like a lot of responsibility for one guy, especially in a 3-3-5. Having said that, assuming a 10th assistant gets approved, this problem could be quickly resolved.

Reaction Score
So Crocker isn't coaching any particular position? That's interesting and seems a little unusual. I wonder who is going to coach special teams. My guess is Cox but coaching CB, S, and ST seems like a lot of responsibility for one guy, especially in a 3-3-5. Having said that, assuming a 10th assistant gets approved, this problem could be quickly resolved.
Edsall may be handling special teams

Reaction Score
Another solid hire it would appear. I like that he has experience as an interim head coach. This should only help the staff as a whole even more.

Reaction Score
Coach DC will have some experienced players to work with in Ormsby, Carrezola, Fatukasi, and Stapelton. Murphy and Lawley also played a bunch of snaps. He must be excited to get going. A scheme change could be real productive for our Defense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like what I read about where his defenses were ranked, especially against the run.

Does anyone know what defensive front they ran at Delaware (3-4 or 4-3) and if it was a three man front, if they employed a single or two gap technique (this would give quite a bit of insight in what to expect in defensive formations/philosophy going forward.

Reaction Score
Interesting that on the defensive side the staff is mostly young FCS guys. The 1A guys are all on the offensive side. looks look me Edsall went after experienced 1A talent where he needed it and was willing to look at younger less experienced coaches on the defensive side where he is experienced and has fewer problems so can take a few more chances.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is this like Bucky Dent?

Reaction Score
Interesting that on the defensive side the staff is mostly young FCS guys. The 1A guys are all on the offensive side. looks look me Edsall went after experienced 1A talent where he needed it and was willing to look at younger less experienced coaches on the defensive side where he is experienced and has fewer problems so can take a few more chances.

I think it's pretty clear that Edsall was taking his limited budget and prioritizing the offensive end. Given his history here, I think that makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
It's basically everything we were hoping for budget wise, with the unexpected shockingly good hire of Lashlee.
Lashlee sure was, though I might go a step further even. Getting Crocker into the fold, with his number one defense at the FCS level, was also quite a surprise and a nice accomplishment as well! It doesn't have quite the same shock appeal of getting Lashlee, but it could be as big a change in philosophical approach as Lashlee's offense will be. Based on Edsall's history, it was clearly a big surprise from a scheme standpoint with the added bonus of BC not being a former RE coach either. ...and done within budget too! ;)

Reaction Score
Other than the expected "don't burn any bridges" comments from the article, the interesting thing is that Dottin-Carter is on a recruiting visit to Texas. He is far from his New England roots for recruiting, but it is clear that Edsall and staff are still working Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom