New! Dan Hurley Joins CT Scoreboard Pod | The Boneyard

New! Dan Hurley Joins CT Scoreboard Pod

Reaction Score
Happy tip off eve! Figured what better time than now to drop my latest CT Scoreboard Pod episode than now. Coach Hurley joins me to break down the preseason, the roster, and more. Audio out shortly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Audio:

LOL at your reaction when Hurley says he wants to be on Alex's podcast. You are like "Yeah! Sure!!"

Great job as always. The interview is packed with info. Some highlights:

Hurley thinks that this year's team is going to be a "high-powered offense". Dan feels like he has a starting five who are all capable of scoring in double figures any night.

Thinks that Alex and Donovan are the best four and five in the game.

He likes having two mature guards in Tristan and Cam. As to Tristan he doesn't feel like he's got enough credit for last year's national championship run, and probably got too much blame when things went wrong. For this year he needs to prove that he's in all conference player and a leader.

He feels that Sampson's injury ended up muting his impact last year because it was difficult to work him into the rotation as a four given Alex's play. He thinks this year playing him at center is a more natural fit for Sampson given that he is more like a modern center/"movement" center. He is excited about having another year of having a change of look at center when Donovan goes to the bench.

Castles physicality will make him a difference maker right away. Hurley feels that he will be a double figure scorer, but they are working to eliminate "freshmen mistakes" from his defensive game.

Dan says that UConn is more of a "cult" than a college team. He says that the whole staff buys into that and they all give their all.

Reaction Score
LOL at your reaction when Hurley says he wants to be on Alex's podcast. You are like "Yeah! Sure!!"

Great job as always. The interview is packed with info. Some highlights:

Hurley thinks that this year's team is going to be a "high-powered offense". Dan feels like he has a starting five who are all capable of scoring in double figures any night.

Thinks that Alex and Donovan are the best four and five in the game.

He likes having two mature guards in Tristan and Cam. As to Tristan he doesn't feel like he's got enough credit for last year's national championship run, and probably got too much blame when things went wrong. For this year he needs to prove that he's in all conference player and a leader.

He feels that Sampson's injury ended up muting his impact last year because it was difficult to work him into the rotation as a four given Alex's play. He thinks this year playing him at center is a more natural fit for Sampson given that he is more like a modern center/"movement" center. He is excited about having another year of having a change of look at center when Donovan goes to the bench.

Castles physicality will make him a difference maker right away. Hurley feels that he will be a double figure scorer, but they are working to eliminate "freshmen mistakes" from his defensive game.

Dan says that UConn is more of a "cult" than a college team. He says that the whole staff buys into that and they all give their all.
For someone who is on here constantly and posts so much you're terrible with the players' names. Tristan? Sampson? Come on, there are only 13 scholarship players. It's not that hard to know their names. Well at least you got Alex and Donovan right. Good thing you used Castle's last name because I'm sure you would have butchered his first name. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For someone who is on here constantly and posts so much you're terrible with the players' names. Tristan? Sampson? Come on, there are only 13 scholarship players. It's not that hard to know their names. Well at least you got Alex and Donovan right. Good thing you used Castle's last name because I'm sure you would have butchered his first name. :)
Ouch.

Mea culpa. I voice texted that after listening to the podcast and didn't bother to proof it. Full disclosure, though, that's pretty much my MO here, so if typos bother you… Well, you've been warned.

Reaction Score

Hahah I was actually shocked when he said that!

Reaction Score
Ouch.

Mea culpa. I voice texted that after listening to the podcast and didn't bother to proof it. Full disclosure, though, that's pretty much my MO here, so if typos bother you… Well, you've been warned.
I don't consider misspelled players' names to be typos. I don't point out typos in posts.

Reaction Score
I hope people r ok with Hurley wearing the flat brim again!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom