New Coach new excitement. | The Boneyard

New Coach new excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love what im hearing from the "casual" UConn fan. Some people I work with, after hearing the Diaco news conference on the tvsaid they are going to get season tickets. Its not just our diehards that are loving Bobby. Its even the casual fans taking notice. Even on things like facebook or twitter you see tons of people saying there gonna go to a game for the first time ever. I really hope our season ticket sales are sky high. Because attendance is gonna make other conferences take notice. Obviously the wins and losses are huge, but attendance is just as big. Lets not kid ourselves Rutgers didn't get into the B1G because of there record or because of NJ/NY media. Im sure a lot has to do with there attendance in past years. Im pretty sure a conference never wants to be seen on national tv with a half full house. #BleedBLUE

Reaction Score
Yeah your right. I forgot every conference wants there team to look like Temple did the other day. Cause watching games im always like "Yeah that's a big time team, where are the fans" Come on now. Obviously tv market has something to do with it but attendance has just as much. You don't wanna come off as a clown on TV cause that does you no good. Prime example if your watching a game on tv any kind of sporting even. Would you want a dull silent crowd? Or a fired up crowd? Im taking the fired up crowd. Quite to me is boring and puts me to sleep. TV market is only good if people ACTUALLY TUNE IN!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah your right. I forgot every conference wants there team to look like Temple did the other day. Cause watching games im always like "Yeah that's a big time team, where are the fans" Come on now. Obviously tv market has something to do with it but attendance has just as much. You don't wanna come off as a clown on TV cause that does you no good. Prime example if your watching a game on tv any kind of sporting even. Would you want a dull silent crowd? Or a fired up crowd? Im taking the fired up crowd. Quite to me is boring and puts me to sleep. TV market is only good if people ACTUALLY TUNE IN!!!

Actually I guess it doesn't matter if people tune in as long as their cable system carries that game and not whether you watch it or not. You are paying for it in either case.

Reaction Score
You're actually very wrong about this. But in the Christmas spirit......won't argue it any further.

Merry Christmas all.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
To get us back on topic, even my wife took notice. I got home that day and she had a twinkle in her eye from having seen the new coach. She still won't go to a game, but for her own reasons she took notice of what was going on and was excited. Sadly, it didn't help me that night :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom