New chat | The Boneyard

New chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I decided to install a new chat script. You can find the link at the top of the board. Please check it out and report any bugs in this thread.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
When I open the Chat window and click on Status - I can highlight a status but not select it. If I close and re-open the Chat window, the Status window remains open (can't close it separately from Chat window). I am using IE 8.0.6001.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It looks good....kind of a breathy, sultry woman wishing me "Welcome." Do you know her, Tom? Hard to tell, but she might either be nice or kind of a nope.

It should be easy to read--large sized and not stuck in the corner. Although it does have sounds, there are only 3. This is hardly adequate as we are missing things like roars, explosions, ray guns, farts, and "You suck!" In the past, these have mostly been used late in wins when people are in a happy place, so there may be plenty of time to find more "winning sounds."

All in all, it looks very good. Hard to tell without seeing how it works though, so I will reserve the right to whine after the game if necessary.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Oh, and the old chat still seems to be there, so how will people know to use the new one with the thread moved here? I know, penetrating question, gets right to the core.

Reaction Score
Thanks, man. That is way, way better than the little postage stamp chat. If you ever get an urge to work on the chat again (and again, stressing that it's not necessary after what you've already done), I think the ideal solution would be an IRC server. That way you could set it up to be accessible via an AJAX or Java frontend on this site, or people could use an IRC client to connect directly to the server. The nice thing about IRC is that there are clients for pretty much any OS, phone, etc. that you can think of.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks, man. That is way, way better than the little postage stamp chat. If you ever get an urge to work on the chat again (and again, stressing that it's not necessary after what you've already done), I think the ideal solution would be an IRC server. That way you could set it up to be accessible via an AJAX or Java frontend on this site, or people could use an IRC client to connect directly to the server. The nice thing about IRC is that there are clients for pretty much any OS, phone, etc. that you can think of.
You can check out mibbit.com for a really good irc web based chat - not sure if it could be integrated into the-boneyard.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I decided to install a new chat script. You can find the link at the top of the board. Please check it out and report any bugs in this thread.
test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul