New Championship Decals On The Gampel Floor | The Boneyard

New Championship Decals On The Gampel Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Would have been better served putting those decals on that flaking, leaking roof :cool:

bush.gif

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Hope they aren't slippery. Almost lost Mo last year on a decal.
I believe the contributing problem at the XL is that the floor is (usually) laid over the ice. I believe the decal picked up condensation faster than the floor and made them slippery. If that's true, the Gampel floor is not laid down over ice so there should be no problem. At least that's my hope.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hope they aren't slippery. Almost lost Mo last year on a decal.

Yes. I remember that. I believe that was at UConn's road trip to Colgate's arena. There was/is an ice rink underneath the floor. Condensation formed on the painted area of the logo that could not be absorbed, thus creating a potentially dangerous condition.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Would have been better served putting those decals on that flaking, leaking roof :cool:

View attachment 16744

I've always liked this clip of then president Bush playing "dodge shoe" with a spectator during a trip to the middle east. The guy's aim was pretty good. He would have hit ol Georgie if he hadn't have ducked. That was probably the most fun Bush had on that trip. :p But I must ask its relevancy to a decal on Gampel's playing surface. May I assume that Bush represents the person whose idea it was to put the decals down? Help me out here. :eek: I agree that the roof is in dire need of repair.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've always liked this clip of then president Bush playing "dodge shoe" with a spectator during a trip to the middle east. The guy's aim was pretty good. He would have hit ol Georgie if he hadn't have ducked. That was probably the most fun Bush had on that trip. :p But I must ask its relevancy to a decal on Gampel's playing surface. May I assume that Bush represents the person whose idea it was to put the decals down? Help me out here. :eek: I agree that the roof is in dire need of repair.

Bush represents me..... dodging the shoes thrown by the reporter (uconn fans who may not have appreciated my comment) ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Anytime you can incorporate that clip into a post, it's cool. :p

Reaction Score
its pretty amazing - 15 titles between mens and womens programs - who even comes close to that besides UCLA?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nice..Very nice.
Just a subtle reminder to all teams that wander into this Championship Arena.

Yup, subtle. OBTW, don't look up!

HGN

Reaction Score
Yup, subtle. OBTW, don't look up!
Rocky, wouldn't you think that with all the success of both programs that they would fix the roof and indoor ceiling. At least the indoor decor and appearance.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Rocky, wouldn't you think that with all the success of both programs that they would fix the roof and indoor ceiling. At least the indoor decor and appearance.
I won't research to find the articles now but during the last State budget review to try to close the deficit gap (huge) UConn "gave back the budget that had been allocated for the roof repair. Odds of it getting back into the budget soon are low by my view with continued State deficit growth projected. Sure that might be a long term foolish money management plan but that's what happens in a government budgeting process.

The only chance for some near term relief as far as I can see is if a private donation program is set up. Not sure if that's even on anyone's possible horizon.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
I won't research to find the articles now but during the last State budget review to try to close the deficit gap (huge) UConn "gave back the budget that had been allocated for the roof repair. Odds of it getting back into the budget soon are low by my view with continued State deficit growth projected. Sure that might be a long term foolish money management plan but that's what happens in a government budgeting process.

The only chance for some near term relief as far as I can see is if a private donation program is set up. Not sure if that's even on anyone's possible horizon.
Ok , thanks Biff....that explains it. I was just curious.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Frankly a lousy $100k could go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom