OT: New CDC guidelines for all events | The Boneyard

OT: New CDC guidelines for all events

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What was that first amendment thing again?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress has abdicated their legislative esponsibilities to the CDC, and the constitution doesn't explicitly restrict federal agencies.

I am not suggesting that the coronavirus should be taken lightly, but it's a little scary how quickly our civil liberties diminish. Stay healthy and stay free all you Boneyarders.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

Congress has abdicated their legislative esponsibilities to the CDC, and the constitution doesn't explicitly restrict federal agencies.

I am not suggesting that the coronavirus should be taken lightly, but it's a little scary how quickly our civil liberties diminish. Stay healthy and stay free all you Boneyarders.
It’s my god given right to spread diseases and I’ll be damned if some eggheads tell me I can’t!

Reaction Score
What constitutes itself as an event exactly? Wouldn’t flights fall into this category? I’m guessing millions are still flying in the next two months.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What constitutes itself as an event exactly? Wouldn’t flights fall into this category? I’m guessing millions are still flying in the next two months.
Attempting to cancel my flight to St. Louis as I type. I would do it on-line (and still might), but I also want to reactivate my Southwest account as well.

Reaction Score

A) This is a recommendation by the CDC (ie not required) so there is no LAW restricting such gatherings.
B) What you are gathering is for religious gatherings, not gatherings in general.

Anyone that is playing their “Don’t take my rights away from me” card while dealing with a pandemic that following the trends of other countries is going to get worse daily if these restrictions aren’t followed is frankly someone I’m ok with not following these recommendations and getting infected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom