New Big East | The Boneyard

New Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Off to a 4 and 0 start - I expect Providence to win today - not sure about St. Johns. Clearly the committee got it right putting 6 teams in.

Reaction Score
Meh they won games they were supposed to win

Opponents were:
11 Texas from the Big 12 (which is 0-3 as a conference)
11 Ole Miss from the SEC (which is just LOL as a conference)
16 Lafayette
13 Eastern Washington

Definitey looking forward to the St John's game. Don't know much about SDSU this year but 8-9 games are usually good

Reaction Score
Villanova looks very strong even though Lafayette wasn't much. If their outside shooting is on they could beat Kentucky on a good night.

Reaction Score
Villanova looks very strong even though Lafayette wasn't much. If their outside shooting is on they could beat Kentucky on a good night.
or they can lose to UVA. I have Nova losing to NC State.

Reaction Score
Yeah, SJ might be odd man out. Getting 5/6 into the round of 32 would be very good, especially seeing the Big 12 bomb so far as the so-called best league. But the Big 12 can recoup in today's games. I think the NBE has to get a few teams into the Sweet 16 though. Get 5/6 into round of 32 and that does justify their team RPI's, but if they don't have some teams going deep in the tourney this year, it will be extremely disappointing to them. Nobody watches FS1. They need to be seen in this tournament. Without a doubt the power conferences and ESPN would dearly love to bury the NBE. They would dearly love to see the NBE sink into the lowest of mid major leagues.

As a bb junkie, as someone who will always put bb ahead of football, I can appreciate bb centric schools trying to survive as a bb oriented league amidst all the change favoring football and big football programs. It isn't there fault that the greatest bb league ever was dismantled. Their reclaimation project pales next to the OBE, but, just as someone who puts bb first and foremost, I can wish them luck. We were part of Gavitt's dream. The football people shattered it in time. The NBE is an effort to see if Gavitt's dream can still work. I understand animosity exists, but just as a bb junkie, I can't help but appreciate the fact that that is what the NBE really is, an all bb junkie conference. Extremely hard to hate them for being that. I don't like what happened on the college sports landscape, and that eventually landed us in the American. Our bb program did not deserve that, but I won't hate the NBE for trying to keep alive what we all had and loved. King football ruined a real good league. Best ever. If the NBE demonstrates an all bb league can compete with the self-proclaimed big shot leagues, in a way they strike a blow for bb junkies everywhere. Don't ban me, lol, I'm saying good things about them because I approve of what they are trying to do going up against Goloiath football......

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
I think PC will win but Dayton is no push over.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Opponents were:
16 Lafayette
13 Eastern Washington

You summed it up yourself. Let's see how far they get before tooting their horns...

Reaction Score
Opponents were:
16 Lafayette
13 Eastern Washington

You summed it up yourself. Let's see how far they get before tooting their horns...
Xavier now has (on paper) a pretty easy route to the SS. I have Utah beating G'town but I'm nowhere close to confident in that pick.

Either way, those are the only two teams I see making it that far unless Providence wins and OU somehow loses, and I don't see anyone going deep (EE and beyond).

Reaction Score
Opponents were:
16 Lafayette
13 Eastern Washington

Doesn't matter what the seedings say… It's a nice start from the NBE teams…

I certainly miss the old Big East when it comes to picking brackets… Always rooted for the Big East teams to do well & my bracket choices would reflect that. Feel like an orphan now with no affinity to any conference...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With Mr. Short Shorts suspended for the rest of the month, I expect St. Johns to get beat pretty badly. Villanova looks good.

Reaction Score
Meh they won games they were supposed to win

Opponents were:
16 Lafayette
13 Eastern Washington

Definitey looking forward to the St John's game. Don't know much about SDSU this year but 8-9 games are usually good
Didn't Ole Miss hang with and almost beat Kentucky?

Reaction Score
Im sorry. But I would much rather Uconn be in the Big East of today, rather than the AAC.

Reaction Score
Didn't Ole Miss hang with and almost beat Kentucky?
They did take them to OT.

But they also lost to Charleston-South, TCU, Western Kentucky, Dayton, and lost 5 of their last 8 heading in to the tournament.

You know now that I look at that resume, other than a win over Creighton in November, I'm fairly amazed they got an at large bid, play-in game or otherwise.

Reaction Score
The New Big East still retains that rugged yet frenetic style of play. The tournament isn't as scary to these teams. With that said, the Red Storm have no chance today. They were already thin with Obekpa.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting if Marquette takes off next year with this heralded recruiting class they have coming. The conference doesn't look so bad from afar as you would have thought with all the key defections.

Reaction Score
The New Big East still retains that rugged yet frenetic style of play. The tournament isn't as scary to these teams.

?

Let's not pretend that our former conference mates were tournament stalwarts back in the day. They weren't.

Reaction Score
Old Big East absolutely killed my bracket in 2011. I still one some cash because I had Uconn winning it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom