new BE Contract - details | The Boneyard

new BE Contract - details

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Meghan Goes Full Lawyer on the Big East Contract - A Dime Back

According to Megan:

UConn is specifically prohibited from talking to any conference about joining between now and when it officially enters the Big East. However, the Huskies are allowed to talk to non-P5 schools about parking our football team. Obviously the Big East does not want UConn to get involved with a P5 for any reason, so it can talk to the MAC or CUSA or whoever, but can’t holler at the ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac-12 or the SEC about anything.

Therefore, the best Fox can do is create a scheduling "alliance" of sorts - which is great - but I guess Tuxedo Yoda's lock that we are gong to the B12 has a roadblock. :confused:

Reaction Score

According to Megan:

UConn is specifically prohibited from talking to any conference about joining between now and when it officially enters the Big East. However, the Huskies are allowed to talk to non-P5 schools about parking our football team. Obviously the Big East does not want UConn to get involved with a P5 for any reason, so it can talk to the MAC or CUSA or whoever, but can’t holler at the ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac-12 or the SEC about anything.

Therefore, the best Fox can do is create a scheduling "alliance" of sorts - which is great - but I guess Tuxedo Yoda's lock that we are gong to the B12 has a roadblock. :confused:
How would we allow them to restrict us about what we can and can’t do with the football team? I see what they’re doing. Don’t want someone to get warm and fuzzies about all our sports. Also this whole thing with a 1 trillion dollar exit fee is ridiculous. Pretty sure a court would rule that exorbitant.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

According to Megan:

Isn't it at least possible (extreme wishful thinking) that negotiations with other P5 conferences for football membership have already occurred and UConn is simply waiting for the ink to dry on the BE contract? Most likely not, but man, that would be a very clever and shrewd thing to have planned and executed ahead of this BE contract.

Reaction Score
Isn't it at least possible (extreme wishful thinking) that negotiations with other P5 conferences for football membership have already occurred and UConn is simply waiting for the ink to dry on the BE contract? Most likely not, but man, that would be a very clever and shrewd thing to have planned and executed ahead of this BE contract.
That actually wouldn’t shock me you never know what our leaders will do

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Love the Huskies but why would any P5 want our team right now when they could have had us before. And without basketball. We aren’t going P5 but will have scheduling alliances with those schools. UConn looks better then SE Louisiana State (not sure if that is real). Won’t be easy but if hustles it is doable.

Reaction Score
If we are for some god forsaken reason ever invited to a P5, that is literally 1 years worth of TV payout - think we would find a way to pay it and stay afloat.
Don’t tempt me with a good time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
but I guess Tuxedo Yoda's lock that we are gong to the B12 has a roadblock. :confused:
But it was confirmed! I still back Yoda over Megan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom