New Athletic Complex Videos/Pics/Updates | Page 10 | The Boneyard

New Athletic Complex Videos/Pics/Updates

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does it look like the diagonal bracing (for transient loads - wind/seismic) conflicts with a door in the upper left photo?
There’s no door. The baseboard trim is consistent throughout the photo.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Is it just me or does it look like the diagonal bracing (for transient loads - wind/seismic) conflicts with a door in the upper left photo?
It's not just you. I thought the same thing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Dang Architects, never coordinating with the Structural Engineers.
“Well, we just figured you’d rather have a standing structure rather than easier access to the rubble.”

Reaction Score
What is the brown rectangle hanging from the ceiling? Looks to have the faint husky logo on it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I can't see a door there but if there is it doesn't make sense
The place is awesome - thank you Tony Rizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A UConn Soccer person come through

Reaction Score
How many teams are stationed in the Rizzo center? Are all the olympic sports offices now in there as opposed to the Fieldhouse? Soccer, baseball, softball, lacrosse locker rooms all in there?

Reaction Score
How many teams are stationed in the Rizzo center? Are all the olympic sports offices now in there as opposed to the Fieldhouse? Soccer, baseball, softball, lacrosse locker rooms all in there?
Every team u mentioned.

Reaction Score
Every team u mentioned.

That was asked on the virtual tour on Sunday. Swimming, Track & Field, Field Hockey are all staying at the Fieldhouse and the now 'empty' space is going to be repurposed as the academic center for athletes.

I did note that the coaches offices are all in pairs, baseball & men's soccer, softball & women's soccer, while women's lax is solo. I do wonder if there is extra space there to fit in men's lax, too. One can only wish.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just love that image of the new athletic complex/campus/the northeast rolling hills.

I once read a ranking of the most naturally beautiful states and CT was like 43rd. The description said the coastline was too short, the river too narrow, the lakes too small and the state was “mostly flat.” I think about it a lot on longer drives though out the state. Can’t turn around without a beautiful view of some rolling hills or waterfront views! Disgusting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom