New Athletic Complex Videos/Pics/Updates | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New Athletic Complex Videos/Pics/Updates

Reaction Score
Took a drive up to campus with the weather being so nice. Based on what I saw from the soccer stadium Ray Reid and Mags Rodriguez are fresh out of excuses if they don’t start recruiting and winning again. It looks first rate. I was surprised the baseball seating seemed so...small. Will people be sitting on the grass hill on the first base side?

Reaction Score
Took a drive up to campus with the weather being so nice. Based on what I saw from the soccer stadium Ray Reid and Mags Rodriguez are fresh out of excuses if they don’t start recruiting and winning again. It looks first rate. I was surprised the baseball seating seemed so...small. Will people be sitting on the grass hill on the first base side?

Yup... That’s the intent of the grass knoll on the visitor’s side of the stadium.

In interviews about the new baseball facility, Coach Penders has talked about people bringing in lawn chairs and blankets to sit on the berm. He figured they could get over a 1,000 people in to watch a game like that. Of course, that was pre pandemic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dope field. Love the design. What is the blue thing with a husky on it behind center field and did they just recycle the old scoreboard? I was hoping to see a larger, updated one.

Reaction Score
Dope field. Love the design. What is the blue thing with a husky on it behind center field and did they just recycle the old scoreboard? I was hoping to see a larger, updated one.

New scoreboard:
1590078474209.png

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Everything is new for both soccer and baseball. Even the old lights at Morrone were donated to a local high school.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The only baseball I watch is UConn Baseball. Anytime I can catch any UConn sporting event I tune in. I'm also still in the process of learning all the field hockey rules/terminology.
There are a few sports on this planet I just can't figure out. Field Hockey is one of them. I enjoy watching it on TV when UConn (or the US in the Olympics) is playing, but I have no clue why the whistle blows. I've given up.
Rugby is another. Never played and don't understand the strategy or rules. But I will watch any time the US or Ireland is playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom