New Athletic Complex Videos/Pics/Updates

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

What is this building?

CL82

Reaction Score
One of the videos mentioned the backstop is gonna be brick, that'll look sweet as hell
Agree, though I wish we'd adopt a consistent look for the campus and in particular for the athletic district.

Reaction Score

Husky Insider Podcast w AD David Benedict - Part 4, July 29, 2019 -> 19 min
>>The final segment on the TV Deals, creating new partnerships with Fox, SNY and perhaps others. The Athletics Construction Update, Baseball, A new Softball Coach and a progress report on Dan Hurley<<

Reaction Score
Agree, though I wish we'd adopt a consistent look for the campus and in particular for the athletic district.
More consistent would have been admirable, but that opportunity appears to have flowed over some bridge many moons ago. Gampel, Burton, new hoops facility, etc; retrofitting / standardization costs now?

CL82

Reaction Score
More consistent would have been admirable, but that opportunity appears to have flowed over some bridge many moons ago. Gampel, Burton, new hoops facility, etc; retrofitting / standardization costs now?
You adopt a consistent vision (as was done in the master plan by the way) and then make any changes or future development in accordance with that vision. It is the second part that inevitably fails.

Reaction Score
You adopt a consistent vision (as was done in the master plan by the way) and then make any changes or future development in accordance with that vision. It is the second part that inevitably fails.
Reasonable on part A; not happening soon until your massive new gridiron stadium and overall infrastructure donations on Part B.

CL82

Reaction Score
Reasonable on part A; not happening soon until your massive new gridiron stadium and overall infrastructure donations on Part B.
This actually isn't hard. Every time we send something out to an A&E firm the language from the master plan describing the campus plan should be included and the requirement that any design be in accordance with it. Leave it blank and each architect's vision will prevail. A consistent vision creates "a sense of place" which is essentially a consistent feel so wherever you are on campus it "feels" like UConn.

We certainly aren't the only institution to pay a consult to draft a master plan every five years or so, which then gets ignored.

Reaction Score

I actually took a peek down from the parking lot beyond right-center field while on campus today moving my youngest in Storrs Center. There appeared to be some type of work being down even on a Sunday.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I actually took a peek down from the parking lot beyond right-Center field while on campus today moving my youngest in Storrs center. There appeared to be some type of work being down even on a Sunday.

They’re making a really good pace. Just hope for a mild winter.

Reaction Score
A field note tucked into the end of the Ben Casparius article:

>>One thing Casparius and the rest of his new teammates will be able to enjoy next spring is a brand-new field. Penders said the field should be playable by March, even if the entire Elliot Ballpark, a 1,500-seat stadium, will still be a construction site likely into December of 2020.

“As long as we have a place to play this coming season, that’s really what matters,” said Penders. “I’m excited for that. We’re not gonna have to go off-campus in the spring.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joea

Top Bottom