New Athletic Article on Akok | The Boneyard

New Athletic Article on Akok

Reaction Score

Read it if you can... Some highlights:

“It almost feels like he’s a sophomore,” Moore says. “Even though he only had one semester. The thing that makes him really good is that he loves basketball. He’s coming from a place he knows how important basketball is to his future and his family. He treats it that way. He’s as probably as close to anyone we have that sort of carries himself like a pro basketball player right now in terms of his recovery and treatment.

“He’s very methodical about his process, which you don’t usually see with kids when they come into college.”

But in creating his routine, Akok has stood out to Moore because of his diligence and focus.

“You don’t really have to correct him very much in anything in here because you explain stuff and he does it,” Alosi adds. “I think he understands the importance of it, and I think he feels the benefits of it. I definitely feel that he feels the benefits of it because he comes in here with a great attitude everyday. His approach to the work is outstanding.”

Mentions he's been fighting knee injuries too. Might explain some recent struggles.

Reaction Score
Must be more aggressive on offense. Seems he is not always ready when his teammates find him. Has to click better with his teammates. Balls go thru his hands too easy.

Reaction Score
Great article...I really enjoyed learning more about his childhood and prep experience.

He’s such an easy kid to root for, the consummate teammate and someone who always gives 100% effort. Can’t wait to watch his continued evolution with us.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Akok’s development is the key to our next 2 seasons. He has a much longer way to go offensively that I thought. If he can make a Brendan Adams-like leap (never thought I’d type that after last year) next year it would go a long way towards making us a top 20 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom