New article: Player Feature: Niels Giffey | The Boneyard

New article: Player Feature: Niels Giffey

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
http://the-boneyard.com/blog/player-feature-niels-giffey/

I'm starting a "Player Feature" series. Sparked by his recent performances in the FIBA EuroBasket, Niels is the first Husky featured.

599x400

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why do you not mention the amount of money that he cost Fishy last season, and thereby contributed indirectly to the Pat & Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center? And the corresponding likelihood that Fishy was behind the premature end to his season?

Seriously, nice feature. Thanks CT. Always love seeing Giff's fundamentals on the court. Although he's clearly contending for a starting spot, ideally Omar earns it and Giff is the guy who still comes in for major minutes, throwing the other team off because he's a totally different player and anything but a break as an assignment.

Reaction Score
Great article, CT. Keep up the good work!

Can't wait to read more.

Reaction Score
Kid is one of my favorites
-OC (and I know he was young) is one of the worst off the ball / help defenders I have ever seen. I am sure he will improve but I have nightmares about him not seeing the ball on defense or getting turned around which resulted in easy layups.
- Giffey is one of the very best help defenders with an incredible sense of the passing lanes and stopping the ball.
- see what he did to Leslie last year by working on Defense to front him and denying the pass. He was huge..

I just like the kid. I like the way he is first off the bench in a stoppage to slap his teammates hands and I love his ticker.
Hopefully this year DD wont have games where he goes missing, however if he does Giff is a great alternative..

Reaction Score
Kid is one of my favorites
-OC (and I know he was young) is one of the worst off the ball / help defenders I have ever seen. I am sure he will improve but I have nightmares about him not seeing the ball on defense or getting turned around which resulted in easy layups.

I'm going to say that OC's injury had a lot to do with his bad defense. At least that's the hope! :)

Reaction Score
I'm going to say that OC's injury had a lot to do with his bad defense. At least that's the hope! :)

100% a possibility and I am certain that KO will address any team defensive issues with OC - now that he is a Soph.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Six for six from the field against a team with six solid NBA players (Parker and Batum clearly much better than "solid"). If he carries this confidence over OT the college season, 40% plus 3 pt. shooting on top of his strong defense is a reasonable expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom