New article on B1G expansion | The Boneyard

New article on B1G expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you consider New England to be Big East/ACC country... UConn to B1G flips that script in a big way.

Reaction Score
i read that Uconn is an afterthought when it comes to real candidates. acc or bust after the scavenging stops.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
No mention of UConn which proves that UConn is a Big 10 target since Delaney never tips his hand.

Reaction Score
B1G Wise said academic fit was the initial consideration.

Herbst said UConn will continue to achieve excellence academically and athletically.

Goal...Join AAU and B1G next.

Reaction Score
The illinois chancellor didn't mention aau in academics. Neither did the michigan president, sullivan, when she said of Maryland that they are a great fit, bringing another top 20 public institution into the big 10.

Delany also was quoted today using the same language that the Michigan State AD used yesterday, about not being "outflanked".

Look at a map. The drive to the mid-atlantic needs its northern flank secured. UConn, PSU, MD, Rutgers overwhelms isolated Syracuse, BC and Pitt. Pitt will be more of an afterthought in penn., something I'm sure Penn State wants.

"It is only in small, compactly shaped states that it is possible to have such a unity of military force, and that probably all depends upon a victory over that force. Such a unity is practically impossible when larger tracts of country, having for a great extent boundaries conterminious with our own, are concerned, or in the case of an alliance of several surrounding states against us. In such cases, divisions of force must necessarily take place, giving occasion to different theatres of war."

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's all fun and games till Lee sends Jackson around the Union flank. Boom. Chancellorsville.

Well, Delany has already led Sherman's March to the Jersey Shore (cutting off supply lines of chapstick and hair products, apparently), so now he'll need to finish the job by pushing northward...;)

Reaction Score
There are two ways to know for sure that we are in the B1G's plans:

1) There's a lot of talk about us going to the B1G
2) There's no talk about us going to the B1G, since it's a secret.

If either of those happen, we're golden.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well, Delany has already led Sherman's March to the Jersey Shore (cutting off supply lines of chapstick and hair products, apparently), so now he'll need to finish the job by pushing northward...;)
It's very important to understand as early as possible if the march is similar to Sherman's or if it is similar to Pickett's.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's very important to understand as early as possible if the march is similar to Sherman's or if it is similar to Pickett's.

I'm going to go with Sherman's March. The Big East acquiring Tulane feels more like Pickett's Charge....:confused:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
More like the Redcoats at Yorktown.

Actually, Tulane to the Big East was more like Lincoln in a movie theatre... (too soon?)

Reaction Score

They'll want us if only to lock up the Pepe's and Sally's Cluster. And don't forget Ikea and all of the Scandinavian's in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm going to go with Sherman's March. The Big East acquiring Tulane feels more like Pickett's Charge....:confused:

The Big East trying to acquire BYU was more like Pickett's Charge.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They'll want us if only to lock up the Pepe's and Sally's Cluster. And don't forget Ikea and all of the Scandinavian's in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

I think we should certainly leverage the Ikea / Swedish / Midwest angle....this is key...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think we should certainly leverage the Ikea / Swedish / Midwest angle....this is key...

Ikea? Are there people who think the only Ikea in the world is in CT?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ikea? Are there people who think the only Ikea in the world is in CT?

You know it's a joke, right? Here's a tribute to IKEA to help us get into the B1G, done by Colchester CT's very own Jonathan Coulton:

Reaction Score

You mean we should Blond them and hopes it nots them stupid, then we slink in quietly and join?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You mean we should Blond them and hopes it nots them stupid, then we slink in quietly and join?

I was thinking more about leveraging the meatballs, but umm...okay...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You know it's a joke, right? Here's a tribute to IKEA to help us get into the B1G, done by Colchester CT's very own Jonathan Coulton:

Must have missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104