gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rankings are nice but least of this team's worries right now
There's work at PG, free throw shooting, rebounding and getting Bouk back ASAP
Firstly, lets get past the pesky Johnnies this afternoon
Go Huskies

Reaction Score
We have won 4 National Titles, lets act this is no big deal, because it is no big deal.

Reaction Score
We have won 4 National Titles, lets act this is no big deal, because it is no big deal.
I do not understand this logic at all. It is a big deal. In college basketball the roster is constantly turning over. Every new group deserves recognition and celebration for getting ranked.

No one on this team has ever seen a number next our name in the their careers. Regardless of program history this is a big deal and should be celebrated. Just because we enjoy being ranked doesn't mean we aren't looking for that 5th banner.

Reaction Score
No one remembers who was ranked where in the final. AP poll . Everyone remembers who won the tournament and every fan for better or worse remembers how their team performed .That’s the beauty of the BB tournament.

Reaction Score
Rankings in January reflect state of the program so it is a big deal. If you aren't perceived to be good you probably aren't.

If you want to be in position to win more titles perception, rankings, seeds all contribute to that goal.

We shouldn't hang a banner for being ranked #23 but it's good to be relevant and in the conversation nationally.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does Sportscenter still only show daily highlights of ranked teams? That used to be a positive with recruits.
But then, who watches Sportscenter anymore?

Reaction Score
Going into the first week of March of 2014 we weren’t ranked and we remember how that year turned out .. rankings are nice but given the state of turmoil with schedules it doesn’t mean much.. With basically no out of conference games to compare conferences there is still quite a lot to learn about teams. Gaining momentum with a healthy roster leading into March is what’s most important .. ranked or not.

Reaction Score
Still only 27th on the Coaches Poll with fewer pts than last week. No respect.

Reaction Score
Does Sportscenter still only show daily highlights of ranked teams? That used to be a positive with recruits.
But then, who watches Sportscenter anymore?
Yeah espn so awful now. Highlights not what they used to be. Just a bunch of talking heads. I feel bad for the younger husky fans who don’t remember how ESPN used to be

Reaction Score
I like to read Rupp Rafters every so often just to laugh at UK fans misery. I've seen a few people call UConn a mid major lol. They will never get over '11 and '14

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I like to read Rupp Rafters every so often just to laugh at UK fans misery. I've seen a few people call UConn a mid major lol. They will never get over '11 and '14
If that’s what they think, when what does it say about their program if they can’t even beat a mid major when it counts?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom