New and views from Saturday’s open practice (Chris E) | The Boneyard

New and views from Saturday’s open practice (Chris E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wish we didn't have to have Puyol adjusting his approach and learning to punt at the same time. But it looks like there's hope with other guys at the position.

Reaction Score
Wish we didn't have to have Puyol adjusting his approach and learning to punt at the same time. But it looks like there's hope with other guys at the position.

?Sounded like Feagle was the one working on approach/footwork?

Reaction Score
Couple of things regarding the article.... First, having a Soph and Fresh at LT and RG, makes me nervous! Coupled with another Fresh at RG, things can either go REALLY bad, or we will be dancing about the future of our O-line for the next few years. I know which way i'm hoping for, but at the end of the day how much worse can we get at this point?
Next, really excited to hear that Max Delo is showing a lot of promise in different roles. Reading that, it got me excited that he could be another Andre Dixon type of runner... Can catch,run,juke you or just flat out run your over!! I really miss that kid!!

Reaction Score
Doggie Style said:
Couple of things regarding the article.... First, having a Soph and Fresh at LT and RG, makes me nervous! Coupled with another Fresh at RG, things can either go REALLY bad, or we will be dancing about the future of our O-line for the next few years. I know which way i'm hoping for, but at the end of the day how much worse can we get at this point?
Next, really excited to hear that Max Delo is showing a lot of promise in different roles. Reading that, it got me excited that he could be another Andre Dixon type of runner... Can catch,run,juke you or just flat out run your over!! I really miss that kid!!

I would be very nervous about the youth of The O Line as well. I expect a ton of growing pains.

Reaction Score
The key to the OL is not asking them to do too much. This is why Cochrane excelled last year. He got rid of the ball quickly and protected his line.

Reaction Score
Interesting that there was no mention of Samra on the offensive line. He was consistently on the two deep the last two years.

Reaction Score
Nothing could be worst than the last few years.......when we had OL men with 3-5 years of experience/practice under their belt and they could not protect QB against the blitz, or open holes in the line for which backs could run through and around.

3-5 years of growing pains with former OL men showed what?

How can it be any worse?

I like the fresh start.......maybe the new coaches are better at evaluating talent ot lack there of than previous regimes.

Reaction Score

Now is the time to do it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They have been shuffling the guards around as Rugg, Samra, Schafenacker and Basilica have all had there turns. Levy and Gifford have been the tackles all along.

Reaction Score
Nothing could be worst than the last few years..when we had OL men with 3-5 years of experience/practice under their belt and they could not protect QB against the blitz, or open holes in the line for which backs could run through and around.

3-5 years of growing pains with former OL men showed what?

How can it be any worse?

I like the fresh start..maybe the new coaches are better at evaluating talent ot lack there of than previous regimes.

As scary as it sounds, it could be worse on the O Line. That is not to say the players won't improve over the season or in their careers (most O lineman do as they gain strength, size, and experience). But this could be another horrible season up front. It will greatly effect the run game again, but Casey makes quick decisions, so that will mitigate some of the issues as far as pass blocking.

Reaction Score
we had a seasoned line last year - and they were bad. I was no fan of prior OL coach, but our "leaders" did not lead. I simply refuse to place the entire blame (of anything) on any 1 person. So, how much worse could it get if we go with a youth movement - we could not establish a run game and the pass blocking was mediocre. What is the concern - that we will fall below 113 on the O rankings in 14? That we wont be able to rush for 80/yds/game? While I think we are a year or 2 away from having the depth and experience we want and need, I'm not really sure any 5 guys could perform worse than the unit that lined up the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
If this young line is strong as in greater than 15 reps of Bench press strong I believe foley can coach them to be no worse than last years and perhaps better

Reaction Score
If this young line is strong as in greater than 15 reps of Bench press strong I believe foley can coach them to be no worse than last years and perhaps better

Offensive line effectiveness requires much more than strength. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the line will be serviceable, but I am very concerned.

I will measure success by game by game improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom