New! Alex Karaban Pod on Marq and More | The Boneyard

New! Alex Karaban Pod on Marq and More

Reaction Score
Alex Karaban joins The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast to talk through UConn getting back on track with three wins in a row including a 15-point win over Marquette. We dive into some of the changes the team has made, preparing for Creighton on Saturday, his new beard, and more. Be sure to subscribe and follow the pod on social! Audio out in the morning.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alex Karaban joins The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast to talk through UConn getting back on track with three wins in a row including a 15-point win over Marquette. We dive into some of the changes the team has made, preparing for Creighton on Saturday, his new beard, and more. Be sure to subscribe and follow the pod on social! Audio out in the morning.

Is there a need to update the file photo showing AK with the facial hair?

Reaction Score
Computer Science / Statistics / Sports Mgmt for his major - nice! Not many college bball players can claim that. Shows why he has very good bball IQ.
That’s an impressive guy! A lot of folks couldn’t handle those classes even without being a D1 athlete.

Reaction Score
Pretty obvious you guys have a great rapport with each other.. You're able to get some interesting info as a result.. Thought he was going to say his roommate ought to grow the beard instead of Joey.. Looking forward to his impact during the stretch run to the BET.. Well done .

Reaction Score
Jared, I absolutely love your pod with Alex. What I find so refreshing is that Alex provides real insights in response to your questions. It’s a welcome departure from the uncomfortable, five-word answers most student athletes provide in interviews and pressers.

Also, I have to admit I enjoyed the two takes you needed to describe the meaty deliciousness of your New Britain-based sausage and deli meats sponsor! Keep doing what you’re doing!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
When all is said and done I think Karaban is going to be one of the best four-year players we've had here in the last few decades. It's rare to have a kid show such great intangibles this early while also being really talented.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seen a couple small glimpses of Alex taking it to the rim off the dribble recently. Next season he should be able to do that much more.

Which should lead to more FT attempts as well. Right now he has 39 FT attempts in over 700 minutes of playing time. That's pretty low for a PF. He's shooting FT's at better than 80% so him getting to the line is a desirable outcome.

Reaction Score
Seen a couple small glimpses of Alex taking it to the rim off the dribble recently. Next season he should be able to do that much more.

This. He's not GREAT at it yet, but I want him getting as many reps as possible driving the ball. We are a stronger team when we have Tristen, Alex, Hawkins putting pressure on the rim all game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Agreed, the play where he caught a pass and immediately drove the lane and hit a layup and the dunk were both reads on his part that I don't think he makes in November. I think Hurley has to keep encouraging him to make these reads and even draw up some plays where he moves without the ball and puts himself in a position to get a quality shot in the paint or a mismatch on a smaller defender.

Reaction Score
It's obviously been sanctioned by Hurley (otherwise he wouldn't be doing it), but I wonder how much he and the staff actually encourage him to do this podcast. I think they must since he's such a great representative for the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom