New alcohol policy at the Rent | The Boneyard

New alcohol policy at the Rent

Reaction Score
Arrive at stadium last Saturday. Grab a Two Roads Hefeweisen, head to seats, section 100. Top of aisle is a young usherette, who tells me I cannot go to my seat with a beer. Say what? “All of the blue seats with seat back are now no alcohol” I am confused. Now, in the third game of the year, they change the rules? Other fans come along with their brews and get the same message. No one can believe this. She calls Supervisor who backs her up. “This section is alcohol free”. A dozen of us are standing around the top of the steps trying to reason with this fellow. One old guy was getting really heated. Yadda yadda finally somebody else comes down and waves us all thru with our beverages. No apology. For all the talk about improving the fan experience, this is not how it’s done. Anyone else get this treatment at the game?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought the Family section was the only beer free zone?
It seems like they change the rules all the time.

Reaction Score
Arrive at stadium last Saturday. Grab a Two Roads Hefeweisen, head to seats, section 100. Top of aisle is a young usherette, who tells me I cannot go to my seat with a beer. Say what? “All of the blue seats with seat back are now no alcohol” I am confused. Now, in the third game of the year, they change the rules? Other fans come along with their brews and get the same message. No one can believe this. She calls Supervisor who backs her up. “This section is alcohol free”. A dozen of us are standing around the top of the steps trying to reason with this fellow. One old guy was getting really heated. Yadda yadda finally somebody else comes down and waves us all thru with our beverages. No apology. For all the talk about improving the fan experience, this is not how it’s done. Anyone else get this treatment at the game?

did you point to the scoreboard?

Reaction Score
It seems like UConn football wants to go out of business. The whole idea is to bring fans in, not chase them away.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This reflects the misunderstanding of one person and a supportive supervisor, not an institutional issue. They corrected it, but should have apologized at minimum. A free beer would have been nice.

Reaction Score
Going to Uconn Football games and not having a beer just isnt possible, hell forget beer the Rent should be selling acid having to watch this team play.

All joking aside thats an joke its one thing to watch a losing team its another to try to create a losing atmosphere in the stadium, what a bunch of losers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Why isn't there a blackout section? Families have their sections. Won't anyone think of the long suffering UConn fan who wants to drink until his/her eyes can't read the scoreboard?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This reflects the misunderstanding of one person and an supportive ignorant supervisor, not an institutional issue. They corrected it, but should have apologized at minimum. A free beer would have been nice.

FIFY. Those clowns all suck.

Reaction Score
Weird, I was sitting in section 120 and I was surprised to see someone walking around selling beer well into the 3rd quarter.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I rolled in unabated with no pass and parked in the third row of grey lot last week. It was...weird.

Reaction Score
I do recall being at a UConn game in the Rent and a young woman sitting near me was so drunk that she spilled her beer on me and was screaming so loud my ears hurt. The person next to her was trying to calm her down. Smart that some of the stadium is alcohol free.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom