New Addition to 2014 Recruit Class ~ OL Dan Carbonaro from Oxford CT | The Boneyard

New Addition to 2014 Recruit Class ~ OL Dan Carbonaro from Oxford CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Preferred Walk-On:

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/05/oxfords-carbonaro-to-walk-on-at-uconn.html

>>"He is a big kid, he is about 6-5 285 pounds,' Stochmal said. "He was an all-area wrestler and all-state wrestler. A big kid, very physical and can move people. When he run blocks, he is a kid who can take a player down field five or 10 yards and he likes to finish them off by putting them on their back. He’s got a little edge to him and I think they saw that on film, they liked that and offered him to come on as a walk-on."He has the body type and the demeanor to play at the Division I level," Stochmal said. "The sky’s the limit for Danny. He knows what work lies ahead of him and how much work he is going to have to do but he is really appreciative of the opportunity."

Stochmal reached out to UConn After Bob Diaco was named the head coach beginning the process which resulted in Carbonaro accepting the invitation to join the program. "Once the job was filled I sent an email out to the staff," Stochmal said. "Coach Diaco didn’t have everybody in place yet so I reached out to everybody. I got a hold of Coach (Josh) Reardon and he got back to me immediately. He wanted to see film on him very impressed with his size."

As Stochmal mentioned, Carbonaro was an outstanding wrestler at Oxford as he was the Class S champion at 275 pounds and received the fastest fall winner award in the meet as he recorded four pins in a total of 4 minutes and 36 seconds. He finished fifth in the State Open at 275 pounds.<<

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/682053/dan-carbonaro

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a preferred walk-on you never expect a ton. Every bit of goodness is a bonus. And UConn has had its success's with them.

I do like any time I read about linemen who are wrestlers. Balance, footwork and explosion.

Reaction Score
Can we get this wrestler?
tmp_Hulk-Hogan-1677665107.jpg

Reaction Score
Great to see a guy get a shot who wants to be here. Love any OL who plays with an edge and I'm all in on the underdog! Name sounds like a fb player or at least a guy who knows how to eat! Welcome aboard!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Dan!!!

Reaction Score
Strangely enough, when I type Dan Carbonaro into my phone browser, my auto correct comes up with Donald Thomas. Wierd.....;)

If he can hit anywhere near as hard as DT, he'll be a gem.

Holy hell, do I long for the time when we had OL's that hit people like Donald Thomas did.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Looks like Diaco is hitting the local schools, first Southington then Oxford ,and I'm sure I missed a few

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but is his dad the hothead coach who was suspended and engaged in a running public battle with the Oxford board of selectman?

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but is his dad the hothead coach who was suspended and engaged in a running public battle with the Oxford board of selectman?
Yes, but the kid is a good kid. I've never heard my kids say anything negative about him in or out of school. I think he also has an older brother at UConn. If he is motivated he could be a very good practice player. Who knows if he sees the field but with that size it is worth a walk-on spot.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In the words of Mr. Miagi: "Walk on, walk off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom