New 2017 Commit - Kyle Buss (Mechanicville, N.Y.) | The Boneyard

New 2017 Commit - Kyle Buss (Mechanicville, N.Y.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Put up big numbers as a freshman at the FCS level, then disappeared as a sophomore. I assume injuries played a role there.

Looks like he has good hands after watching the tape.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Was he injured last season? With just two catches, I would guess that's the case.

If he was injured last season, he can apply for a medical redshirt, but that's a bit of an uphill battle. He took a redshirt year in 2014 and thus doesn't really qualify for the sixth-year. If he sits out this year in residence, (not aware of any waiver that would make him eligible this year), we're likely looking at a one-year player.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Welcome, Kyle.
020.jpg

Reaction Score
About Buss... A young man of great character and whole lot of talent.

I haven't chimed in on this forum in a long time, but definitely need to now.

After a breakout season at RMU in 2015, (where Buss was voted a STATS National
Freshman Player of the Year finalist and was also voted the NEC Offensive Rookie of Year. Many couldn't wait to see what he would bring to the 2016 season. But the night before game , he received a call from home that his Mother was in the hospital and she was critically ill. Soon after, Buss withdrew from RMU to return home and he's been her rock and care giver ever since.

Athletically, he runs a (verfied) 4.34 and can catch anything tossed at him. In addition to his speed and quickness, he's also got the physical strength and brawn to maximize yards. Buss has been a game changer since high school. After he graduated, he attended Milford Prep and was a huge contributor to the Falcons success that year before heading to Robert Morris.

You're gonna love him. Mark my words.

And voted NEC Rookie of the Year

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What a bummer we get this kid for only one year on the field.

I wonder if Aaron Smith is the connection here. Buss is basically from the Albany NY area - where smith was receivers coach at SUNY Albany if I am remembering correctly.

Reaction Score
About Buss... A young man of great character and whole lot of talent.

I haven't chimed in on this forum in a long time, but definitely need to now.

After a breakout season at RMU in 2015, (where Buss was voted a STATS National
Freshman Player of the Year finalist and was also voted the NEC Offensive Rookie of Year. Many couldn't wait to see what he would bring to the 2016 season. But the night before game , he received a call from home that his Mother was in the hospital and she was critically ill. Soon after, Buss withdrew from RMU to return home and he's been her rock and care giver ever since.

Athletically, he runs a (verfied) 4.34 and can catch anything tossed at him. In addition to his speed and quickness, he's also got the physical strength and brawn to maximize yards. Buss has been a game changer since high school. After he graduated, he attended Milford Prep and was a huge contributor to the Falcons success that year before heading to Robert Morris.

You're gonna love him. Mark my words.

And voted NEC Rookie of the Year

Thanks for the additional color/insight - much appreciated!

Reaction Score
Mechanicville is just one of those towns. Connecticut has some - say an Ansonia. Heavy immigrant Italian population pre-1970. It is kinda near Albany; but, separate with a different job base. Great athletes have come from there over the years.

Reaction Score
Buss seems to have Wayne Chrebet type of potential.

Next year we will lineup with TWO sub 4.4 guys at WR in Buss and Dixon. Silly depth at WR next year.

Reaction Score
Would that make him eligible for this coming season?

Disclaimer - not knowing specific facts as they relate to KB and it is the NCAA so consistency can be challenging.

>>However, the NCAA has recently changed their policies to indicate that waivers to grant immediate eligibility will “…no longer be provided for…student-athletes who are not eligible to use a transfer exception.” Instead, a one-year extension of the five-year clock for mitigating circumstances may be provided and any mitigation will continue to be evaluated under the current NCAA waiver policies and guidelines.

So, rather than an athlete having a chance at immediate eligibility for a hardship case when transferring to a Division I university, the NCAA will instead consider adding a year onto the athlete’s “five-year clock” so that the athlete will still have an opportunity for four years of athletic competition. <<

Went into effect for 2015/2016 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox