?New 2014 Commit - Ron Johnson (5-11 212lb RB/LB) | The Boneyard

?New 2014 Commit - Ron Johnson (5-11 212lb RB/LB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Like him on either side of the ball. Welcome aboard! Looks like the river's risin'!

Reaction Score
Welcome @nd congrats to Ron Johnson. Your hardwork paid off.

Reaction Score
rich1122 said:
The kid's tape is awesome. Not sure of the level of competition, but man he runs over people and makes great cuts. Surprised not more offers.

Competition is very good. He plays in the same conference with regular state champ contender, Naples High School. All schools with about 2k students.

Reaction Score
Competition is very good. He plays in the same conference with regular state champ contender, Naples High School. All schools with about 2k students.

Hoop hound. It sounds like you're in Florida as well. I'm on the east coast in Vero. Are you around Naples? I thought about heading to a few good Florida HS football games but never made it.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Hoop hound. It sounds like you're in Florida as well. I'm on the east coast in Vero. Are you around Naples? I thought about heading to a few good Florida HS football games but never made it.

Yep. I see quite a few games due to kids, friend's kids, nieces/nephews etc. playing football/basketball and being in the bands, flag line, yada yada. I happened to see this kid multiple times because Palmetto Ridge played in a few games I attended at other schools.

I am always on my phone during football and basketball games checking to see who is recruiting who. This is the first time I've seen UConn recruiting here. Every game has a few high D1 prospects so I'm glad to see the staff come looking. Some great athletes have gone to FIU etc in recent years that probably would have jumped at a UConn offer if they had one. Johnson is an example. He has lots of big time interest but we pulled the trigger and got him. Great to see.

Reaction Score
Yep. I see quite a few games due to kids, friend's kids, nieces/nephews etc. playing football/basketball and being in the bands, flag line, yada yada. I happened to see this kid multiple times because Palmetto Ridge played in a few games I attended at other schools.

I am always on my phone during football and basketball games checking to see who is recruiting who. This is the first time I've seen UConn recruiting here. Every game has a few high D1 prospects so I'm glad to see the staff come looking. Some great athletes have gone to FIU etc in recent years that probably would have jumped at a UConn offer if they had one. Johnson is an example. He has lots of big time interest but we pulled the trigger and got him. Great to see.

I thought about making the trip to Shafenacker's championship game last year, but whimped out. I definitely plan on trying to make it to a few next season.

Reaction Score
Saw the same, beat me to it. Like the size....

As do I. Good combo of size speed and power. Bounces off of tacklers, runs through others and not afraid to lower his shoulder pads and deliver a blow to the defender. Powerful runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom