?New 2014 Commit - Anthony Watkins (6-1 185lb WR) | The Boneyard

?New 2014 Commit - Anthony Watkins (6-1 185lb WR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Welcome Anthony....

Watched the highlight film. Looks really quick..... I mean really quick, whoa..... makes everyone else look like they're standing still...
Great hands and leaping ability... whoa boy. Everybody, watch the highlight reel,

awesome kudos to coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Looks like a great athlete. Good hands on offense. Good vision especially returning kicks/punts. Seems to have quickness to hit the hole and get up field.

On defense he gets low wraps up and hits hard. I like the pick up. Welcome aboard!

Reaction Score
At least from what we can see in the highlight film, he will be much more like a Nick Williams than a Lyle McCombs. Great hands and quick moves. Knows his way to the endzone. I predict Anthony Watkins is going to be a name that sticks with us for a long time. Welcome Anthony!

Reaction Score
Looks like a great athlete. Good hands on offense. Good vision especially returning kicks/punts. Seems to have quickness to hit the hole and get up field.

On defense he gets low wraps up and hits hard. I like the pick up. Welcome aboard!
Agreed-better job than most talented HS WR's at making quick, decisive cuts & getting yards after catch as opposed to ridiculous East-West moves that only work in HS. Also pretty good route runner-sets up stem to leave room along sideline & has good awareness of where the Safety help over the top is and knows when to "sit down" in a pattern!

Reaction Score
I like that he always catches the ball with his hands, that says a lot about a WR, I think I only saw one body catch in the highlight video. Not as quick as Nick Williams...not sure what video you guys are watching....but he is much bigger. Good size and great hands, looks like a nice pickup.

Reaction Score
[quote="LRock34, post: 823205, member: 1382like that he always catches the ball with his hands, that says a lot about a WR, I think I only saw one body catch in the highlight video. Not as quick as Nick Williams...not sure what video you guys are watching....but he is much bigger. Good size and great hands, looks like a nice pickup.[/quote]
Agreed-nothing "wrong" with his speed, but definitely a long strider with potential to grow into a Geremy Davis body type, not a burner but the hands, route skills & body type to potentially become a big factor.

Reaction Score
[quote="LRock34, post: 823205, member: 1382like that he always catches the ball with his hands, that says a lot about a WR, I think I only saw one body catch in the highlight video. Not as quick as Nick Williams...not sure what video you guys are watching....but he is much bigger. Good size and great hands, looks like a nice pickup.
Agreed-nothing "wrong" with his speed, but definitely a long strider with potential to grow into a Geremy Davis body type, not a burner but the hands, route skills & body type to potentially become a big factor.[/quote]

Davis has a number of inches on him. Not even close there IMO.

Reaction Score
To me he looks like a lot like Nick Williams the way he runs back kicks and punts. Where McCombs hesitates, this young man takes off. No fear!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great video! I like the size and speed combo. He might be a nice deep threat and definitely a candidate for our return game. We definitely missed Williams last season.

Reaction Score
LRock34 said:
I like that he always catches the ball with his hands, that says a lot about a WR, I think I only saw one body catch in the highlight video. Not as quick as Nick Williams...not sure what video you guys are watching....but he is much bigger. Good size and great hands, looks like a nice pickup.

Top end speed is probably on par with Nick, but not the acceleration. Good balance and decent size as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom