Never too early to think about the spring game | The Boneyard

Never too early to think about the spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The last four years they have held the spring game on April 21, 20, 12 and 11. Diaco's games were the 12 and 11. Each time it was the second Saturday of April. If we follow the same pattern this year, it will be Saturday, April 9th.

That's my guess. The Farmers Almanac predicts a dry but cooler than normal April.

Looking forward to see Davis take snaps and watching the offensive linemen in general. On defense, I'll have an eye on Levenberry at LB. The safety battle should also be a good one to watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was good to move it off the 1st day of fishing season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The later the better. We should always have the game during the last possible week.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I am already menu-planning.

Hmmm, hope we don't need to have a lot of tents that day....

Reaction Score
It makes me happy just thinking about the spring game, cause it's super fun, but then it gets me thinking about the long, football-less summer, and it makes me sad.

Reaction Score
Lots of kids to look at this spring
Levenberry
Billy Williams
Davis
Peart
Murphy
Okounon
Richardson
Terry
Nazir Williams
Blackwell

Can't forget some kids who were true frosh that got burn this past season:
Beals
McLean
Mayala
Parker
Lee
Need to see if they can take that next step with the live game action experience

Then there's these true frosh that were also redshirted:
Holman
Cespedes
Johnny Rob - John Robinson IV
Garland
Bisack

If Boyle is gone then it'd be nice to see Bisack compete with the rest of the QBs. See how he's developing as a walk on and determne if he sticks or not.. Holman we heard a lot about but I don't believe he saw the field.. will be interesting to see if he can take somebody's spot on the depth chart. The two DBs we forgot about that came in as 3 star recruits Robinson and Garland. Gotta love their size first and foremost... would be nicer to see them come on in the Spring and put some heat on our current kids on the 2 deep.. one more forgotten young man, the giant Cespedes.. If he can shock us all and do well that'd be a bigger story than the potential of Peart.

also, kids that are going in to their rs soph years, like Lawley, Watkins, Atkins, Britton.. it's their time to show something. Lawley and Atkins are some big boys... Hopefully they can come along in our DL rotation... We get a nice rotation going there we'll definitely be even better than last year..

All in all, our D still looks pretty strong... I'm just hoping we can get our O to show some more life.. Some consistency up front, some big (bigger) plays, some more points.. still a huge question mark there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So how about the QB position... start with Sherriffs, but then what do we want to see? Davis followed by Anderson?

How about Rose, is he enrolling early?

Reaction Score
Can't forget some kids who were true frosh that got burn this past season:
Beals
McLean
Mayala
Parker
Lee
Need to see if they can take that next step with the live game action experience

Then there's these true frosh that were also redshirted:
Holman
Cespedes
Johnny Rob - John Robinson IV
Garland
Bisack

If Boyle is gone then it'd be nice to see Bisack compete with the rest of the QBs. See how he's developing as a walk on and determne if he sticks or not.. Holman we heard a lot about but I don't believe he saw the field.. will be interesting to see if he can take somebody's spot on the depth chart. The two DBs we forgot about that came in as 3 star recruits Robinson and Garland. Gotta love their size first and foremost... would be nicer to see them come on in the Spring and put some heat on our current kids on the 2 deep.. one more forgotten young man, the giant Cespedes.. If he can shock us all and do well that'd be a bigger story than the potential of Peart.

also, kids that are going in to their rs soph years, like Lawley, Watkins, Atkins, Britton.. it's their time to show something. Lawley and Atkins are some big boys... Hopefully they can come along in our DL rotation... We get a nice rotation going there we'll definitely be even better than last year..

All in all, our D still looks pretty strong... I'm just hoping we can get our O to show some more life.. Some consistency up front, some big (bigger) plays, some more points.. still a huge question mark there.
K,
Forgot about those guys, I think the kid from Maine played but Im not sure tho, didn't see enough anyhow. Training table and lifting time. Lots of mental notes to take as you point out. Should be fun to track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom