Never Surrender | The Boneyard

Never Surrender

Reaction Score
If you quit by half time you missed the best half of football UConn has played. Are they terrible? Yes, beyond all reason. But, some young guys started making plays. Tyler P is a play maker. Our returner is electric. Some D freshmen were bringing it. I am interested in seeing the team develop and new guys progress. We have to hit the portal hard, but there are guys showing up on the field showing they want to play. The key is never giving in and keep fighting until we see daylight.

Reaction Score
I was there. It was miserable. They shot themselves in the foot a few times. The crackajack block and dropped td pass hurt. The penalty on 4th down was ridiculous. But the KO return was spectacular. The freshman qb did a good job. Our defensive backfield is an absolute joke. But we covered the spread. They didn't quit. Gotta give them credit for that.

Reaction Score
Next Coach needs to bring as many transfers as possible. That will be quickest way to turn things around.

Reaction Score
The class one “Pivot” recruits appear as advertise, once they got sone playing time against Army. Previously, people were drawing the wrong conclusion.

Reaction Score
General Taylor never surrenders, but UConn did when it left the AAC.
No question that the BoT intentionally took a dive on the program and lacked the political nuts to call it the way it is. They expected a swell of basketball heads to support folding it. It has now gotten so out of hand it’s actually totally blowing back on them for the fraud it is. Too shrewd for their own good and are getting burned for it. Now, they will begrudgingly pony up $$ because they look like the losers they are.

Reaction Score
So why was the last coach allowed to get away with his stubborn refusal to use it?

well given that the last coach is no longer our coach via forceable removal from his position, I’d debate whether he truly “got away with it”

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Tyler P looks like he has the ability to be a pretty good QB, but as far as our performance in the second half goes...I can't imagine being jazzed up over how we performed against Army's second and third teamers.

I mean is that the bar these days? Jesus.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Never surrender is right.

There are multiple young players that I think, if coached well, can become something really good. I don't believe for a second that we have less talent than FCS teams like Holy Cross. Mostly because 247 doesn't believe it, nor does Rivals, etc.

No, the blame falls primarily on the coaching. Well, the former head coach is..."former" now. Let's build on the positive from the second half of last week, and try to give Wyoming hell when they come to The Rent...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom