Never Forget | The Boneyard

Never Forget

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I remember hanging outside of the Garden after the championship game waiting for the team. Got a handshake from JC and a bunch of high fives from the players. They were stoked and so were we. Then we walked over to the bar Stout and threw down! And after awhile some of us "may" have threw up.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Look what was up next. I've watched this dozens of times

So you made me watch that, and it made me watch the San Diego State game again. In 2011, I didn't have HD TV, so watched most of the tourney on the PC. But that game, I never saw in HD, and I really thought it was the best game of the tourney, so I watched t again. And I ended up analyzing it like I do games all season long. A little different perspective, since it's all former players, but...

2011 NCAA Sweet Sixteen matchup.
  1. Roscoe intermittently had lousy form on his jumper, where he bent at the waist while in the air.
  2. Speaking of jumper form, one of the announcers was raving about Kemba's 'picture perfect form' on 3 pointers. Didn't a Charlotte shooting coach work with him to change his form and get his 3 point average up by like 20%?
  3. SD State repeatedly (I counted 3 in the 1st half) went out of bounds without the ball to gain an advantage and it was never called. But Rodney got called for it several times this season, when he did it inadvertently, to no real advantage.
  4. Roscoe had a great stretch in the first half, rebounding at both ends and shot blocking.
  5. The officiating was so much better than anything we saw this year, it's astounding. In particular I liked a SDS shot clock violation where we'd taken the rebound of the late miss, the refs just let them play on instead of whistling and making us inbound, which rewards the offending team by giving them a chance to set up a press if they want.
  6. Freshman Bazz played good (but not nearly lock down like his senior self) man D. On offense, he mostly deferred to Kemba, and to Lamb as well, but still had some spectacular plays.
  7. Oriakhi made the most mumu play of the game, inbounding the ball directly to a san diego state player following a SDS bucket at about 9:25, and the subsequent layin gave them a 4 point lead. Yet somehow, it turned out for the best. Calhoun called time out to scream at AO, and that's when Jamal Franklin shoulder bumped Kemba as both headed to their respective benches. From that point on, Kemba was en fuego. He went on a 14-0 run to turn their 4 point lead into a 10 point deficit.
  8. Kemba and Lamb scored all but 4 of our 2nd half points.
  9. Lamb was damned good. His go-go-gadget arm interception of an entry pass was major cool.
  10. We lost 3 guys to transfer after that season, got Kasongoed and still turned out OK a few years later.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
you don't coach that, it's God given

I don't believe that. Kemba actually learned that over his time in Storrs. Coming in, he had none of it. He used to just go full speed all the time. He learned his hesitation moved, learned how to pick his spots, and just take what the defense gave him. All good players can learn these things if they put their minds to it imo.

Reaction Score
I have never seen a move like Kemba made in the Syracuse game at msg. He drives into the zone and does a stop-go move and ducks under the defender for a layup. It's still unbelievable every time.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, in terms of pace, what Kemba learned was to change speeds. He always had that monster 1st gear with great stamina.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that. Kemba actually learned that over his time in Storrs. Coming in, he had none of it. He used to just go full speed all the time. He learned his hesitation moved, learned how to pick his spots, and just take what the defense gave him. All good players can learn these things if they put their minds to it imo.
For once I agree with you 100%. Kemba worked hard during his years in Storrs. He markedly improved his outside shot especially from deep, would spend hours in the gym on his own time for hours shooting nothing but long jump shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom