Never been to New Orleans? | The Boneyard

Never been to New Orleans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My favorite city. It's like going abroad without a passport.
People are friendly, music is amazing (all kinds) food is incredible!
Let the good times roll!

Reaction Score
My favorite city. It's like going abroad without a passport.
People are friendly, music is amazing (all kinds) food is incredible!
Let the good times roll!

Wonderful people. They know how to have a good time. Worked with a lot of people from Louisiana over the years. Got pulled over with another guy one morning in a small town. Cop came up to the car with a beer in his hand and told the driver to slow down. That was quite a while back. Different planet.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Went there on a college chorus trip about 20+ years ago. Bourbon Street was crazy. Toured the Superdome (there was an entire carnival inside at the time - complete with Ferris wheel!). Beignets are pretty much nectar-of-the-gods type of stuff. I honestly enjoyed the place.

The quirky things? We went to Algiers to visit the Mardi Gras Museum, and Algiers is East St. Louis/Camden NJ bad as far as suburbs go; I wouldn't recommend staying long over there. The above-ground cemeteries were very creepy. One day I strayed a bit too far from Bourbon Street and well, I wasn't actually in Hades but I could clearly see it off in the distance. And the humidity, my goodness. One day it 90 degrees with 100% humidity at 8am, and the SUN WAS SHINING. In mid-May.

Funniest moment there: our tour guide pointed out a building to us with a statue of Robert E. Lee on top of it. He told us that it was the YMCA building, and the statue was facing north. Why? "Because here in 'Nawlins, YMCA stands for 'Yankees Might Come Again."

In other words: an absolutely great city to visit for a few days - and then quickly go home...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate