Nerlens Noel cleared by NCAA... | The Boneyard

Nerlens Noel cleared by NCAA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for him he chose Kentucky because even had he chosen us he would never have been cleared by the NCAA.........:eek:.........they are bias pcs of aren't they?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My son watches Sportsnation, which just had 30 minutes of Colin Cowherd Cal, the in-studio guest. Truly nauseating.

Reaction Score
My son watches Sportsnation, which just had 30 minutes of Colin Cowherd Cal, the in-studio guest. Truly nauseating.

Colin #1 would enjoy that I'm sure and #2, how can a super station like ESPN continue to throw that guy out in front of their audience? He's a dope, truly doesn't know !!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Colin #1 would enjoy that I'm sure and #2, how can a super station like ESPN continue to throw that guy out in front of their audience? He's a dope, truly doesn't know !!!
Colin Cowherd is the quintessential ESPN personality. He's all about not knowing shat. It's edgy.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Colin Cowherd is a caricature.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Of course they did they don't want there newest golden child to suck

Reaction Score
What a surprise? You guys are sometimes too much when it comes to your conspiracy theories. Do you not remember a couple years ago when Enes Kanter, another top 3 recruit for UK, was deemed ineligible to play in the NCAA? Look, I hate that slimeball Calipari as much as the next guy but maybe Noel was cleared because there were no wrongdoings found? Just a thought.

Reaction Score
What a surprise? You guys are sometimes too much when it comes to your conspiracy theories. Do you not remember a couple years ago when Enes Kanter, another top 3 recruit for UK, was deemed ineligible to play in the NCAA? Look, I hate that slimeball Calipari as much as the next guy but maybe Noel was cleared because there were no wrongdoings found? Just a thought.
They just didn't look very hard. They've given UK the Duke Memorial lifetime pass.

Reaction Score

We lost Boat for 11 games last year........wasn't much wrong there either........just a thought! It wasn't even in their lap until the season started and the answers came after........hmmmmm wonder why the Husky fans are unhappy?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
They must have used the same investigators as they did in the Cam Newton case

Reaction Score
They must have used the same investigators as they did in the Cam Newton case
Or the same investigators who were handling the Boat case. They just had a superjohn for punishing UConn.

Reaction Score
I think we have too many collective teeth. Maybe we need to yank a few out so we can get closer to a Bama or Uk number. The NCAA is populated by a bunch UCONN hating hayseeds. I think I have a problem with authority today.

Reaction Score
Stop the foolishness. UConn screwed up. Plain and simple. it is not that hard to meet the APR...clearly since all but about 3 schools met the requirements. We got screwed, but it was for being stupid. That situation was completely avoidable with a minimal effort. And as far as Boatright goes, he was involved with a guy who already had been involved in NCAA violations, his "mentor's" brother had NCAA violations...and the family's first reaction was to stonewall...Of course the NCAA was going to look very closely when a kid is accused of a violation and one of the other parties has already been found to have violated NCAA rules. It is the NCAA equivelent of associating with a known criminal. They are going to look much more closely than if you're hanging out with Fr. Flanagan. That was the Boatright situation...and just as an aside, Boatright did violate NCAA regulations, whether knowingly or unknowingly...that isn't even in dispute. Noel apparently did not.

Reaction Score
and yes, I know upstater, the APR is a bogus measure and all that. But its the rule so we were obligated to comply.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
and yes, I know upstater, the APR is a bogus measure and all that. But its the rule so we were obligated to comply.

Like complying by having fake classes and giving out fake grades? I want to admire you attempt at objectivity but I just have no idea what you would be basing that off.

Reaction Score
man id love to see this forum if calipari were ever named head coach at uconn. i guarantee tunes would be changing rather quickly. i couldnt care less about what cal or uk do or dont do. those of you always bringing up cal and his program are doing it out of jealousy. get over it and stop being a bunch of haters.

Having
Anger
Towards
Everyone
Reaching
Success

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Come on, we're not talking about 'anyone successful.' We're talking about a man who has had 2 Final Fours vacated for cheating.

And no, I would not want him anywhere near UConn's program. Amherst was close enough.

Reaction Score
I think we have too many collective teeth. Maybe we need to yank a few out so we can get closer to a Bama or Uk number. The NCAA is populated by a bunch UCONN hating hayseeds. I think I have a problem with authority today.
Including ones that worked here... so much for loyalty.

Reaction Score
Stop the foolishness. UConn screwed up. Plain and simple. it is not that hard to meet the APR...clearly since all but about 3 schools met the requirements. We got screwed, but it was for being stupid.
LOL.

Reaction Score
man id love to see this forum if calipari were ever named head coach at uconn. i guarantee tunes would be changing rather quickly. i couldnt care less about what cal or uk do or dont do. those of you always bringing up cal and his program are doing it out of jealousy. get over it and stop being a bunch of haters.

Having
Anger
Towards
Everyone
Reaching
Success

If Calipari was named HC of UConn I would find another team, plain and simple. I'm guessing I wouldn't be the only one but that's for everyone else. You can't sign on with the devil at any point so for one thing it would never happen.

People make me laugh, the guy is what he is. Slick car salesman who somehow wiggles his way in with everyone and makes them believe he's the guy - ESPN, parents, media etc etc.......he's slime, may never get caught again who knows (2 FF's vacated just a reminder) but he will never set foot on the Storrs campus so this thread is ridiculous.

Haters? No..........just can't stand 'n guy, is that okay with you?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

Having
Anger
Towards
Everyone
Reaching
Success

I think you really got it wrong using this one as an example. I hate Coach K, but if he were to suddenly coach UConn, I would change my tune as you imply. I hate Pitino, but if he were to coach UConn I would be a very conflicted individual, not sure which way I would go. If Calipari coached UConn my currently growing discontent with college basketball would reach a tipping point and I would stop watching, without being the least conflicted.

Reaction Score
Like complying by having fake classes and giving out fake grades? I want to admire you attempt at objectivity but I just have no idea what you would be basing that off.
I guess that shows just how bogus...but again, it isn't hard to comply even without fake classes and fake grades. Nobody has accused Syracuse of offering Fake classes and grades...they complied. Nobody accused Ohio State or Indiana of having fake classes and fake grades, they both complied. UConn took its eye off the ball, mainly because hathaway was inept and calhoun didn't care, and it now is paying the price. On the other hand, Noel apparently didn't violate NCAA rules. So what do you want them to do, hold him out because some UConn fans think he did based on zero evidence? Last year the NCAA did in fact rule against Kentucky and Kanter. So were they out to get kentucky? They ruled against providence on someone, can't remember the name...were they out to get Ed Cooley, and if so, why on earth were they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom