Nerd Alert | The Boneyard

Nerd Alert

Reaction Score
Just got in the mail today.

400 pages of tiny text.

Let’s do this.

IMG_3418.jpeg

Reaction Score
How many of the 2023 final four did they have on the cover last year? :rolleyes:

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The Woj/Shams Breakdown Papyrus is sometimes called the “Tutankhamen Papyrus of Basketball Rankings” in honor of the king who commissioned it. The papyrus is from the Egyptian Middle Kingdom and dates to around 1650 BCE. This papyrus was probably a basketball textbook, used by scribes to learn to solve particular rating and draft problems by writing down appropriate examples based on levels of the Nile River. Eighty-four problems are included in the text, including: tables of divisions, multiplication, and handling of fractions; and geometrical examinations of volumes and areas, player ratings, and complete league draft projections...Papyrus of Numbers

Reaction Score
The Woj/Shams Breakdown Papyrus is sometimes called the “Tutankhamen Papyrus of Basketball Rankings” in honor of the king who commissioned it. The papyrus is from the Egyptian Middle Kingdom and dates to around 1650 BCE. This papyrus was probably a basketball textbook, used by scribes to learn to solve particular rating and draft problems by writing down appropriate examples based on levels of the Nile River. Eighty-four problems are included in the text, including: tables of divisions, multiplication, and handling of fractions; and geometrical examinations of volumes and areas, player ratings, and complete league draft projections...Papyrus of Numbers
Amazing they had this at that early date but they had the brainpower and math down to build the pyramids much earlier. Egyptology is so interesting, I’ve been to Egypt and the ruins are something special to see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Amazing they had this at that early date but they had the brainpower and math down to build the pyramids much earlier. Egyptology is so interesting, I’ve been to Egypt and the ruins are something special to see.

Interesting. I've seen several different lists which say the pyramids rank up there with Stonehenge, Mt. Rushmore and Leaning Tower of Pisa as the most overrrated tourist traps which underwhelm the visitor.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I've seen several different lists which say the pyramids rank up there with Stonehenge, Mt. Rushmore and Leaning Tower of Pisa as the most overrrated tourist traps which underwhelm the visitor.
Been to Leaning Tower, you just look at it so it’s nice but not a knockout. The Pyramids and Sphinx just outside of Cairo are spectacular but they are just opening the billion dollar Egyptian museum right there now with all of the treasures, but any week to 10 day trip to Egypt includes Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, and maybe 3 day Nile riverboat cruise and a ton of other stuff that is actually even better than the Pyramids. Best trip I’ve ever been on.

Reaction Score
Just a note: the players in the cover are their All-Americans.
justin moore is still at nova???

dickinson should not even be honorable mention for the AA teams

Reaction Score
Mount Rushmore was so boring.

Literally, even if you think it looks cool, you take a few pictures, maybe spend 30 minutes max before you decide, welp, I guess I'll go somewhere else.

However, I will say that overall, the Black Hills of South Dakota, specifically Rapid City, is a lovely part of the country.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
justin moore is still at nova???

dickinson should not even be honorable mention for the AA teams

The better question is, Justin Moore coming off of an Achilles injury is their AA pick?

Reaction Score
The better question is, Justin Moore coming off of an Achilles injury is their AA pick?
Well that's kinda the thing. He already had the season coming off the Achilles. And he looked good, especially in the last 8 games.

His stats over the last 8 games:
122 ORTG, 64% TS%, 25% Asst% to 12% TO%, 58% from 2, 40% from 3 on Hawkins-esque volume.
16 points, 4 asst, 3 reb in a slow paced system.

The defensive athletic indicator numbers are down (steal, block rates), but he's going to be extremely savvy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nova not us on the cover.

Must be a mistake

Does Seth Davis work for them? Oh, nevermind, Gonzaga is not on the cover either

Seriously, Nova must be a joke.

And college experts still love Purdue and Edey. Sure, and the Jets will be Super Bowl contenders too

Why is Edey coming back? And AJ is not? Which begs the question, is Timme coming back for his 8th year? That guy's gonna be good

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Well that's kinda the thing. He already had the season coming off the Achilles. And he looked good, especially in the last 8 games.

His stats over the last 8 games:
122 ORTG, 64% TS%, 25% Asst% to 12% TO%, 58% from 2, 40% from 3 on Hawkins-esque volume.
16 points, 4 asst, 3 reb in a slow paced system.

The defensive athletic indicator numbers are down (steal, block rates), but he's going to be extremely savvy.
Justin Moore is an easy guy to root for, except when he’s playing against us obviously. Hoping he has a great season.

Reaction Score
Been to Leaning Tower, you just look at it so it’s nice but not a knockout. The Pyramids and Sphinx just outside of Cairo are spectacular but they are just opening the billion dollar Egyptian museum right there now with all of the treasures, but any week to 10 day trip to Egypt includes Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, and maybe 3 day Nile riverboat cruise and a ton of other stuff that is actually even better than the Pyramids. Best trip I’ve ever been on.
I think you need to edit & qualify that last sentence. Have you never been to the final four?

Do you realize that you aren't posting on Arthur Frommers blogspot.com?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom