Nelson-Ododa Describes Her Injury | The Boneyard

Nelson-Ododa Describes Her Injury

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ONO is so brilliant that she watched a couple of knee surgeries on tv and then performed the entire surgery on herself.....:D

Hah! Made me think of a split screen showing her doing the knee surgery while the spokesperson from National Car Rental performs his own surgery (appendectomy?), then the two of them bypassing the rent-a-car counter and hopping into their respective cars. Wonder what plates hers will have? ;)

(It's that kind of Friday....really need this season to start soon! :D )

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am so sorry about Olivia's injury, and I pray that she has a speedy recovery. I am also glad to hear Olivia is considering UConn, and that Geno is interested in her.

Reaction Score
If she truly wants to become a doctor, would it be better for her (not us) to play at Harvard or Princeton?

Sure we'd like to have her, but it will be a grueling schedule over four years. A lot less travel in the Ivy League.

We had a med school hopeful not long ago. Did she make it in? Was it Lawlor?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's weird, this happened to a friend of mine just about a year ago. He was stepping off his truck and WHAM! He's a farmer (and a machinist), and when I saw him several days later he was like, Yeah, mah kneecap split in two and most of it just jumped to the outside of my leg. . . Eventually he told me that every so often he'd be watching TV or something and it would dislocate and he'd be in a new world of pain. Initially his surgery was scheduled like 1-2 months out, but when he say the surgeon who was actually doing the surgery, he was given emergency status and it was done within a week. He missed three months of work.

He never owned up to being kicked by a cow or anything, but I still wonder how his kneecap split like that. A year out he seem

Edited to add: FF, it was Pulido, dunno if she's gotten in. I really think she'd make a great doc -- medical school isn't unlike UConn basketball. It's a lot of work, grueling, and every so often you think you've gotten something and you realize maybe not.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
If she truly wants to become a doctor, would it be better for her (not us) to play at Harvard or Princeton?

Sure we'd like to have her, but it will be a grueling schedule over four years. A lot less travel in the Ivy League.

We had a med school hopeful not long ago. Did she make it in? Was it Lawlor?

Briana Pulido. As for did she get in, I'm assuming so ... but can't find anything specific or details of which program...

Reaction Score
oh no! i hope that doesn't mean that South Carolina is the front runner!! UCONN Health Center is fantastic, I can attest to that since I had back surgery less than 2 weeks ago! *fingers crossed, UCONN all the way Olivia!*

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This injury occurred 9 months ago. I’m sure she will be fine by college.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did an extensive search and I don't believe the exact knee was ever mentioned.

Me too. Amazing really. No video either apparently. But you the man, so if you can't find it I'm certainly done.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ONO is so brilliant that she watched a couple of knee surgeries on tv and then performed the entire surgery on herself.....:D
...and that was BEFORE she stayed at the Holiday Inn...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom