Nelson gets to do a victory lap | The Boneyard

Nelson gets to do a victory lap

Reaction Score
That wasn't the last lifeboat to the P5, you Butch fool. If we miss the P5 in the future, gloat all you want about being a loser.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is far from a victory. The inability to build a competitive fball program basically has left them in a position to have to salvage life as a non fball school which is today's age is going low profile. Fball drives the bus, and the bus never proved it could get up hill.

Reaction Score
I have been calling for UConn to the Big East since Louisville got the last life boat to the P5. The school finally came around.

We should have done this 6 years ago.

Enough people believed the lie that basketballs recent failures were the AAC's fault. Congrats!

We got our asses handed to us on a regular basis by these schools we invited to our conference so now we are crawling back to the Catholics...Success!

Reaction Score
Y'all really are resisting giving the man his due that much huh?

He called it.

I joined you all in calling him stupid at first. Around a year ago I realized he was right. The AAC is an abyss. Waiting to 2024 and thinking we'd get a P5 invite is so amazingly foolish that I can't believe people say it with a straight face.

I'm pumped. This may not work but it's our only chance of our athletic department returning to something I had the same interest in pre-2010s.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have been calling for UConn to the Big East since Louisville got the last life boat to the P5. The school finally came around.

The death of Football which actually brings in the money not college basketball

Reaction Score
What's next, replacing faculty with Jesuits and going private? UConn's going to stick out like a sore thumb in the NBE.

As opposed to the roster of AAC schools which are all natural conference mates?

Reaction Score
We're close to devolving into a total mess.
There's no plan as in how to move the football program forward from here.

Thank God we have Ivy League and NESCAC schools around here. NEWMAC ain't so bad either. Etc, etc, etc.

Reaction Score

You were the 1st poster i thought of when i heard the news.

Reaction Score
Best thing UConn could have done minus a P5 invite.

I wonder if the Big East adds another school?

The first basketball game for UConn in the new Big East will likely be a Gavitt Tip-off Game vs. the Big Ten.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Y'all really are resisting giving the man his due that much huh?

He called it.

Not so much actually. He never said it was going to happen, he just said that it should happen sort of. His main point was that we should drop football. The school has made it clear that that is not going to happen.

Reaction Score
Yup major shoutout to all the Big Least lusters of the past couple years. Nelson and especially A Dime Back for their overwhelming negative vibe online towards the league and the school the past couple years. I'm sure it played a role in the worst President in UConn's history throwing in the towel in her lame duck days.

You get what you deserve when you have bad leaders in your state. The State of Connecticut has bad leaders everywhere. We got what we deserved. I feel bad for the people who will be hurt by their incompetence. Namely our fans.

A couple of bad coaching hires and we throw in the towel. Helluva effort by all involved for making it possible. Cannot wait for those home football games vs UAB (before they axe the program) and home bball vs Creighton.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is far from a victory. The inability to build a competitive fball program basically has left them in a position to have to salvage life as a non fball school which is today's age is going low profile. Fball drives the bus, and the bus never proved it could get up hill.
The bus is either going to crash and burn due to CTE or be forced to transform into something unrecognizable in 25 years.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
We're close to devolving into a total mess.
There's no plan as in how to move the football program forward from here.

Thank God we have Ivy League and NESCAC schools around here. NEWMAC ain't so bad either. Etc, etc, etc.
Think about what you just wrote. All of those schools de-emphasized football decades ago. It's no coincidence UConn is deciding big time football is not worth it.

Reaction Score
Think about what you just wrote. All of those schools de-emphasized football decades ago. It's no coincidence UConn is deciding big time football is not worth it.
They still play football. I think you meant they don't award scholarships for sports. They emphasize academics in their ADs.

UConn clearly wants to be amongst those who produce professional athletes.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
They still play football. I think you meant they don't award scholarships for sports. They emphasize academics in their ADs.

UConn clearly wants to be amongst those who produce professional athletes.
Yeah, NBA athletes.

It's time to abandon the delusion that northeast college football is big time because Fordham was ranked one time during the Woodrow Wilson administration.

Reaction Score
Not so much actually. He never said it was going to happen, he just said that it should happen sort of. His main point was that we should drop football. The school has made it clear that that is not going to happen.

It's okay. You can say it. "You were right Nelson"

You can add all the qualifiers you want, but when he first brought up the idea of going to the NBE, he was universally panned for it and it did seem ridiculous. Yet here we are.

Reaction Score
Yeah, NBA athletes.

It's time to abandon the delusion that northeast college football is big time because Fordham was ranked one time during the Woodrow Wilson administration.
Even if it was in the past, TV or corporations will still wish to create markets if possible. Thats why the Whalers were moved. And it is working. The big conferences know they'd draw well enough in East Hartford. I assume we'll have to prove it again being an independent. UConn certainly has to redevelop it's squad. Redeveloping a scene in New England won't be easy since the culture here is to go to top tier games, which was Ivy League in the past and the NFL now. At the collegiate level, all there is right now is BC and that doesn't help. I do think something like Big Ten football can succeed here but no idea if we are set back now in achieving that goal anytime soon or ever. Past season did end with Army and Syracuse ranked in the top 25.

Vince McMahon is going to invest 300 mil in the new XFL.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's okay. You can say it. "You were right Nelson"

You can add all the qualifiers you want, but when he first brought up the idea of going to the NBE, he was universally panned for it and it did seem ridiculous. Yet here we are.
Lol, no he brought up the idea of killing football and was justifiably panned for it. If that comes to pass it is the end of UConn athletics a national program. It iwas a bad idea then, it is a bad idea now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom