Neinas: Wvu's Entrance Not Contingent On Being Available Next Year... | The Boneyard

Neinas: Wvu's Entrance Not Contingent On Being Available Next Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Per various reports, the Big XII office is currently in full backpedal mode.

Hope you got your your wading boots on; the crap is getting waist-deep now...

Reaction Score
LMFAO. I said earlier that so many people seem to be screwing up that I was wondering if it was me. Well, more proof that it wasn't. People who should only be talking with their lawyers permission are either not asking before opening their pieholes or not listening.

Why a retraction? Because conference counsel told Nievas that he just admitted to having committed a tort against the Big East.

From the gentleman who brought us Coach P.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We'll know if this is just CYA or a legitimate change of plans by the B12 if WV withdraws it's lawsuit.

Reaction Score
We'll know if this is just CYA or a legitimate change of plans by the B12 if WV withdraws it's lawsuit.

WVU withdraw its lawsuit? For goodness sakes, why? Don't they read bulletin boards and know that the Big East can't make them play in conference in 2012?

More seriously, it is probably both. Obviously Nievas didn't make that up yesterday, and they were given an offer to join now or never, but now, having listened to lawyers, they will pretend that the offer was not temporal and allow WVU to join later. So it is CYA, but having changed their position to CYA they are now stuck to it.

Reaction Score
so far Neinas is coming off as a much bigger clown than Marinatto. luckily for him he probably inherited a better situation conference-wise, but as far as his personal ineptitude, i'd say he's the hands down winner.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
How are these the people in the positions of power that they are in? Complete bumbling idiots! It is scary (and telling) that these are the people leading this whole thing!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
WVU withdraw its lawsuit? For goodness sakes, why? Don't they read bulletin boards and know that the Big East can't make them play in conference in 2012?

More seriously, it is probably both. Obviously Nievas didn't make that up yesterday, and they were given an offer to join now or never, but now, having listened to lawyers, they will pretend that the offer was not temporal and allow WVU to join later. So it is CYA, but having changed their position to CYA they are now stuck to it.

This foot in mouth could turn out to be WV's best chance to get into the B12. If WV continues it's lawsuit they will be required to prove the contract was not temporal. And if it was not temporal than WV now has even greater difficulty winning its case, but will get into the B12 in 2014 and JohnnyUnitas won't bother us any more.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
so far Neinas is coming off as a much bigger clown than Marinatto. luckily for him he probably inherited a better situation conference-wise, but as far as his personal ineptitude, i'd say he's the hands down winner.
The funny thing is that the BE has actually dealt with this crisis really well.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day. Wonder what the second time will be?
LOL. The last two days have been a significant improvement from events that took place last week. We can afford to be charitable. And now we know the BE does not have a monopoly on incompetency.

On a side note, I've made it clear that I belong to the camp that does not ascribe blame exclusively to leadership when it comes to failure. If the players in the BE conference were toddlers or infants then their parents would have the complete onus of responsibility to outcomes. But these universities are composed of adults with significant experiences and education. No one was putting a gun to anyones head forcing universities to join the conference. Nor as each major change took place within the conference, people had a right to accept the changes, fight the changes, or leave.

WV and Pitt came into a bb conference. They should have anticipated problems before joining. Crying foul about the basket ball monopoly by these two universities is just another case of someone not taking responsibility for their choices.

UConn was a basket ball school when it joined. Who knows how it voted on all the matters everyone is fingering on Providence.

Reaction Score
Times change. Needs change. Markets change. As football became the dominant sport in the college landscape, the football schools needed a conference that took the football side of things more seriously.

When you conference fails to do that then it's time to switch conferences. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
Well, I think if this is the Big 12 s official stance now, I guess WVU can throw out their lawsuit.

Reaction Score
What happens if the Big 12 renegs on their acceptance of WVU? Does WVU sue both conferences at once?

Reaction Score
What happens if the Big 12 renegs on their acceptance of WVU? Does WVU sue both conferences at once?

Lol. Guess they would have two since they can then claim they were bamboozled by the leadership of two conferences.

Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that West Virginia will be playing in the Big East the next two years so long as the Big East chooses not to compromise. Neinas is implying that West Virginia and the Big XII are not willing to fork over the potential breach-of-contract and tort damages necessary to bring West Virginia in by next season.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Now that is funny.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Someone had a killer tweet about the 'Eers last night that sums this all up perfectly:

'WVU leaving the Big East to join the Big XII doubles the IQ of both leagues'...

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
'WVU leaving the Big East to join the Big XII doubles the IQ of both leagues'...

So true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds