Need to draw a line in sand Tonight & Thursday.... | The Boneyard

Need to draw a line in sand Tonight & Thursday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and make it clear UConn will not go quietly into the night. We must refuse to let Tulsa & SMU beat us on our home floor. We must build a fortress around the basket and dare them to try & score inside, we must swarm them on the perimeter, we must break them of any notion that they a have a prayer of beating us.

Whatever personality clashes exist on the team between coaches & players or players & players must be set aside. The best players must be on the court. If a player has broken a team rule then sit him in street clothes. If a player has a uniform on & can help UConn win then he best be on the court....all hand on deck.

UConn will never go quietly into the night.....

Reaction Score
and make it clear UConn will not go quietly into the night. We must refuse to let Tulsa & SMU beat us on our home floor. We must build a fortress around the basket and dare them to try & score inside, we must swarm them on the perimeter, we must break them of any notion that they a have a prayer of beating us.

Whatever personality clashes exist on the team between coaches & players or players & players must be set aside. The best players must be on the court. If a player has broken a team rule then sit him in street clothes. If a player has a uniform on & can help UConn win then he best be on the court....all hand on deck.

UConn will never go quietly into the night.....
from your mouth to the players ears.

Reaction Score
Hope they start bringing "the eye of the tiger (or killa husky wolf dog attitude ) for the rest of the year. I remember in high school I was on the track team for a couple of years and one of the coaches told us we should try to win 140 -nothing, in other words NO Mercy, and play the game until the final buzzer and try to DOMINATE the other team. Why they allow uncontested 3 point shots (temple) from good shooters is beyond me. Anyone remember a Mississippi State team in the NCAAs? Time to get "mentally tough" Husky dogs.

Reaction Score
The biggest thing is to eliminate, or at least minimize stupid mistakes. Fumbling layups, leaving your man wide open on a half ass attempt to double the post, committing stupid fouls, etc. There is nothing we can do about certain issues with the team (questionable front court, young point, etc). But even with that, this team has lost games just by being "stupid". If that can be stopped, the season can still go the way we all hope it will. I just don't know if it can be stopped by the coaches or if these guys just are what they are in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom