OT: Need Honda Mechanic Recommendation | The Boneyard

OT: Need Honda Mechanic Recommendation

Reaction Score
2008 Honda Civic . Dont wish to go to dealer. Farmington Valley area. Who is good who won’t take me to the cleaners?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
MGB Tire in Terryville is an honest and fair priced, full service mechanic. I used to perform a lot of my own repairs but time started to become an issue and have found them to be very reliable. They stand behind their work and will never force any unwanted repairs on you. My daughters car needed a new computer, the dealer wanted almost $700 not including programming. The manager TJ (good guy) did a little looking around & found an after market for a fraction of the cost when he could have easily just installed the dealer part & left me with the bill, but instead asked me to let him look around for an alternative.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Nino's Foreign Auto Service in Newington. Good guy, will give you a range of options on replacement parts, keeps you informed of any unexpected or unnecessary repairs.

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for these great names, I will use for sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jon Avitable at Meinecke on New Britain Avenue in West Hartford is where I go with my Subaru and my wife's Honda
He has always treated me fair.
Tell him his banker sent you!!
I have heard great things about Absolute Auto also

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
2008 Honda Civic . Dont wish to go to dealer. Farmington Valley area. Who is good who won’t take me to the cleaners?
Frank's Transmission, Bristol (Rt 6). Both owners (bros.) drive Hondas. Had them for decades. Very reasonable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jay is a good guy, very up-front, and will tell you what others won’t.

Yeah, I wish I listened to him.....

I was having major engine work there, and he said "you know since we have your engine out, these particular models have Air Conditioning systems failures, you should let us replalce it now because in 6 months its gonna die and cost you 4 times as much to get done" I was already bemoaning the amount of work I was paying for and my AC was working so I said "ill take the chance"

Sure enough, within next year the ac crapped out.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah, I wish I listened to him.....

I was having major engine work there, and he said "you know since we have your engine out, these particular models have Air Conditioning systems failures, you should let us replalce it now because in 6 months its gonna die and cost you 4 times as much to get done" I was already bemoaning the amount of work I was paying for and my AC was working so I said "ill take the chance"

Sure enough, within next year the ac crapped out.
Said a similar thing to me about my 03’ Civic beater, if I’m going to pull the engine apart I should really do X because it’s getting really worn. I didn’t listen and the car died like 3 months later.

Reaction Score
MGB Tire in Terryville is an honest and fair priced, full service mechanic. I used to perform a lot of my own repairs but time started to become an issue and have found them to be very reliable. They stand behind their work and will never force any unwanted repairs on you. My daughters car needed a new computer, the dealer wanted almost $700 not including programming. The manager TJ (good guy) did a little looking around & found an after market for a fraction of the cost when he could have easily just installed the dealer part & left me with the bill, but instead asked me to let him look around for an alternative.
This is all you can ask for... honesty, integrity, and helpful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom