Need for speed: Agile running back Art Thompkins provides turbo boost UConn lacked (Putterman) | The Boneyard

Need for speed: Agile running back Art Thompkins provides turbo boost UConn lacked (Putterman)

Reaction Score
Need for speed: Agile running back Art Thompkins provides turbo boost UConn lacked

>>We asked 10 different Huskies, five on offense and five on defense, to name the fastest guy on the roster and received a variety of responses.
  • Wide receiver Ardell Brown: “The fastest player on the team is Ardell Brown, definitely.” (Asked who was second fastest, Brown nominated fellow receiver Heron Maurisseau.)
  • Thompkins: “The fastest player by 40-yard time would be Heron. But you know, game-speed, that’s me. I’m going with myself. But Heron ran like a 4.33. He’s real fast. And then I would say maybe Ardell or [freshman receiver] Cam Ross. And then there’s a couple like [defensive backs] Tyler Coyle or Tahj [Herring-Wilson].”
  • Running back Kevin Mensah: “Oh dang. It’s between [Coyle] or Art. It’s gotta be between them two.”
  • Offensive lineman Matt Peart: “I’d have to say Ardell Brown. I’ve seen that guy run, and boy that kid is fast. He can fly. Or Heron.”
  • Wide receiver Quayvon Skanes: “Heron. I don’t know how fast Cam Ross is because I haven’t seen him run the 40, but based on 40 stats, Heron.”
  • Linebacker D.J. Morgan: “Definitely that’s between Ardell and Art. Both of those guys are really fast. I’ve had to run a couple times with Art, so I definitely know from experience Art is really fast."
  • Linebacker Ryan Gilmartin: “Gotta be me, for sure. You guys think [otherwise] because of the pads, but truly I’m 4.1, 4.2 [in the 40].” (As for who’s second... “I know Heron’s really fast, but that’s easy because he’s like 130 pounds.”)
  • Cornerback Tahj Herring-Wilson: “Outside of myself, probably Heron.”
  • Defensive lineman Lwal Uguak: “I’ve got to stick with the D-line. I’ll say [freshman defensive end] Eric Watts.”
  • Defensive tackle Travis Jones: “Myself.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom