OT: Need Book Recomendations, I'm stuck inside | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Need Book Recomendations, I'm stuck inside

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Red Storm Rising by Clancy is an exciting read as well.
Yep. An interesting question is whether you read them in the order they were written or whether you read them by the narrative chronology (so you would start with Without Remorse, which is one of my favorites.) I think reading them in the order written probably makes the most sense.

(I am surprised that Without Remorse hasn't been made a movie. It would be a good one in the Death Wish kind of way.)

Reaction Score
Fist of God by Frederick Forsyth is a fantastic read. As usual Forsyth has multiple plots going which all come together at end.

Reaction Score
Yep. An interesting question is whether you read them in the order they were written or whether you read them by the narrative chronology (so you would start with Without Remorse, which is one of my favorites.) I think reading them in the order written probably makes the most sense.

(I am surprised that Without Remorse hasn't been made a movie. It would be a good one in the Death Wish kind of way.)
Back in the 80s and early 90s I was really into Clancy and read them chronologically thru Debt of Honor. I got "Jack Ryaned out". That is when I got into reading the Clavell books. I then switched to historical documentaries and biographies with emphasis on the World Wars and other topics. Back to Clancy, I agree with reading them in order for best effect.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Back in the 80s and early 90s I was really into Clancy and read them chronologically thru Debt of Honor. I got "Jack Ryaned out". That is when I get into reading the Clavell books. I then switched to historical documentaries and biographies with emphasis on the World Wars and other topics. Back to Clancy, I agree with reading them in order for best effect.
Sounds like we have similar reading habits. I'll work my way through a series or an author and then move on to another. Clancy's Jack Ryan (and associated) novels, Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander novels, Asimov's Foundation series, Lee Childs Jack Reacher books, Martin's GOTs, etc. have all been good reads. In between I'll pick up single novels, usually non-fiction until I find another series to go through. Right now I am working through Edgar Rice Borough's John Carter series (although many of them only reference him in passing.) I'm up to #9 Synthetic Men of Mars and my enthusiasm is waning. They are a little repetitive and the writing is only fair. Only a few more to go though so I'll probably stick it out.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we have similar reading habits. I'll work my way through a series or an author and then move on to another. Clancy's Jack Ryan (and associated) novels, Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander novels, Asimov's Foundation series, Lee Childs Jack Reacher books, Martin's GOTs, etc. have all been good reads. In between I'll pick up single novels, usually non-fiction until I find another series to go through. Right now I am working through Edgar Rice Borough's John Carter series (although many of them only reference him in passing.) I'm up to #9 Synthetic Men of Mars and my enthusiasm is waning. They are a little repetitive and the writing is only fair. Only a few more to go though so I'll probably stick it out.
How about Harlan Coben’s Myron Bolitar series CL82?

CL82

Reaction Score
How about Harlan Coben’s Myron Bolitar series CL82?
Nope, I hadn't heard of them, but I just googled them and they sound perfect. Once I finish the Carter series, I'll probably pop over to non-fiction for a book or two, check and see if there is a new Reacher but then I'll take them up.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom