Nebraska Area WCBB | The Boneyard

Nebraska Area WCBB

Reaction Score
I'm near Omaha Nebraska so I'll be going to most of the Creighton and UNO WCBB games this year. I have a
courtside season ticket to UNO games (which is awesome) and can get good seats to Creighton games.

Creighton played Drake last night and won an exciting game that came down to the last possession. They had lost their first 2 road games so they really needed a win. I had a seat in what amounts to front row center.

UNO looked really good in their 1st home exhibition game but lost their next one. They play tonite on the road.

I just got a good seat to the UCONN-Nebraska game in December which I'm happy about (finally get to see UCONN in person)!

Reaction Score
UNO played at Nebraska last night so I decded to go see the game. Someone sold me a nice ticket for $5.00 at the door.

UNO jumped out to a 9-0 lead at the start of the game and led 31-28 at the half. Nebraska gradually caught up in the second half as UNO started making turnovers and missing shots. Nebraska won the game going away but UNO made a statement! A good game for UNO to prepare them for conference play.

The Nebraska fans are pretty good and it was nice to see how they supported the team. Good turnout.

Got to see the seats I'll have for the UCONN game- Right near the UCONN bench in the second row! I'm taking my cousin's granddaughter who is playing HS basketball to the game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I was to a WBB game in Nebraska, the older arena, about 6 years ago. Great fan base, and a great town for college sports. Enjoy the UConn game next month.

Reaction Score
I'll post a YouTube video of the game experience from my perspective after the game. I'm really stoked for it!

Reaction Score
Striper, where did you get your tickets to the UConn / Husker game? I'm planning on going and would like to score seats in the UConn section or at least something better than what Nebraska has on-line.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I used the Nebraska on-line webpage. For some reason they had 2 good seats left last week.

You might try to get a ticket from someone who has an extra one at the arena before the game. Some lady came up to me and sold me one before the game this week.

Reaction Score
UNO played yesterday at home and won the game against Indiana State going away. They play against Wofford tomorrow.

Creighton lost their game yesterday against Missouri but won today against Dayton.

Reaction Score
UNO won today at the Baxter Arena in Omaha, Nebraska. I got there a few minutes late and they were behind. They immediately caught up and ran away with the game after that. I have high hopes for them do well in their conference play this season!

Reaction Score
Just to close the loop. I called the UConn AD and despite apparently having seats available in the UConn section they refused to sell them to me because I am not a donor. I called Nebraska and they don't have access to seats in the UConn section. So, it looks like I'll be sitting in the "sea of red" :(

Reaction Score
Like I said. Hang around the ticket office before the game and you'll probably get an awesome seat. Women's BB isn't really a hot ticket in Nebraska...

Yet. ( I hope to change that)

Reaction Score
That may be my best bet. However, UConn will be a hot ticket, at least for lower level seats.

Reaction Score
The Husker team could be a threat to UCONN. They have a several big girls. They didn't take advantage of their size early in the game against UNO and missed a bunch of three pointers and contested drives. When they started going to the big girls inside they caught up and held UNO off to win the game.

Could be an interesting game.

Reaction Score
Wed. night UNO played Oral Roberts at home. UNO lead most of the game and had a pretty big lead at the half. ORU hung around and it came to the last possession. Lakota Beatty had an open three opportunity with about 5 seconds left and hit it to give them the lead. UNO couldn't get a shot off and lost the game. Great game to watch!

Lakota Beatty is a Native American (I believe of the Caddo tribe) and transferred from Oklahoma State a couple of seasons ago to play with her younger sister. Pretty cool to see a Native American girl do something like that in Division 1. I'll be following them this season.

Reaction Score
Yesterday I went to a UNO game and saw the other side of WCBB success.

They played York College. A team that is 0-15 from what I can tell. They have 3 or 4 6'0"" players and matched up well physically with UNO but but really struggle offensively. One of the girls is Native American and from Todd County, SD which was one of the best girl's HS BB teams in The Lakota Nations Invitational tournament a few weeks ago. She's 5'11 herself but wasn't hitting her shots yesterday.

York College lost by about 50 points. ( I don't see it as all being negative since they're still getting an education out of it)

Reaction Score
I just looked and York College is 0-17 this year. They lost by 69 points yesterday.

Reaction Score
York College won their first game of the season Saturday night. I went to a high school that had games played by nearby HS teams from the Omaha reservation and recorded both the boy's and girl's games on video. I wanted to go to the York College game but I couldn't get clear directions when I asked at a local Wendy's so I passed.

I had originally wanted to do a little YouTube interview of the native American girl who plays on the York team. I hope to catch one of her games yet this season.

Reaction Score
Update: The Creighton women lost their conference semifinal game but should still make the tournament based on their regular season success. I was only able to see 2 or 3 of their games this season because I focused on going to as many HS games as I could.

The UNO women lost their conference semifinal game Monday. They tried to take the last shot and were down by 2 but couldn't get an open shot. Their senior star Mikaela Shaw drove the middle into double coverage and the ball didn't go in.

They did win their Sunday quarterfinal game in front of an almost packed house of U of South Dakota and SDSU fans who probably wanted a SD vs SDSU Championship game.

Close but no cigar.

Oral Roberts played in the other quarterfinal game and I arranged to do a YouTube interview with their 2 native American player/sisters Ashley and Dakota Beatty. The school's PR guy set it up for after the game but since ORU lost the players didn't want to talk to anyone. I had a press pass and everything. LOL!

Understandable but I was a little disappointed. I told the PR guy that I would call him at the start of next season and I may go up to SD or SDSU when they play ORU.

Two native American girls on a Division 1 team if rare enough but 2 sisters is really rarified territory ( Schimmel sisters).

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Striper, as a someone who has a brother (and a mother) that attended UNL and has been to Nebraska multiple times I appreciate these updates and am glad to hear you seem to be enjoying yourself in the Omaha area. Omaha is a really cool city with a ton of stuff going on- glad to see that you are enjoying yourself and please keep the updates coming.

Reaction Score
Striper, as a someone who has a brother (and a mother) that attended UNL and has been to Nebraska multiple times I appreciate these updates and am glad to hear you seem to be enjoying yourself in the Omaha area. Omaha is a really cool city with a ton of stuff going on- glad to see that you are enjoying yourself and please keep the updates coming.

Thanks! UNO was really snake-bit this week. The men's team also lost by 2 in the tournament final.

I was really hoping the women's team would make it to the Big Dance. They have one of the best venues to play at in the country. Hopefully they'll draw some better talent (Big Girls) and get some national attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom