Nd's Games | The Boneyard

Nd's Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They dangle their stuff in front of the ACC and Swofford puts everything on hold and leaves a spot open for them. When it looks like the BE will implode when WVU and L'ville are on the clock, who sticks their nose in the B-12 situation? It's ND saying they may be interested.

ND just wants the BE to remain on life support and all is well in South Bend.

We now sit and wait for Boise St. to decide the AQ fate of the BE. It is a crazy world.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is, in most years, more than 50% of ND's schedule is made up of games against teams from the conferences they refuse to join for football. The Big East, ACC and Big 10 should tell them to schedule elsewhere and see how it works out for them... I know it would never happen, but I would love to see it.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is, in most years, more than 50% of ND's schedule is made up of games against teams from the conferences they refuse to join for football. The Big East, ACC and Big 10 should tell them to schedule elsewhere and see how it works out for them... I know it would never happen, but I would love to see it.
A guy I knew who hated ND used to say the same thing. You're right. They haven't been in the national discussion since Lou Holtz left in 1996. I don't know how much longer the delusion can continue. The last time ND was the best team in football was 1988, almost 25 years ago.

I agree with Geno they should join the Big East or move on. I like ND but the independent thing isn't working. Here's to Urban Meyer taking over and the Irish coming to the BE.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine ND even sniffing a BCS bid as an independent. It would probably stand a better chance by winning the ACC.

ND's NBC ratings this year are down 20% from last year and the 2nd lowest they've been since the contract was signed in 1991.

Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine ND even sniffing a BCS bid as an independent. It would probably stand a better chance by winning the ACC.

ND's NBC ratings this year are down 20% from last year and the 2nd lowest they've been since the contract was signed in 1991.

You mean other than the fact they have already been to BCS 3 times as an Indy?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You mean other than the fact they have already been to BCS 3 times as an Indy?

True, but in only one of the 3 years would ND have qualified under the current BCS format requiring a top 8 ranking in the poll. Maybe Kelly can get it done but the USC game was pretty sobering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom