ND | The Boneyard

ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Latest rumor is ND is hoping to join the C7 for all olympic sports, and keep their bowl tie in with ACC by agreeing to continue to play 5 games ay ear. Does this help or hurt us in anyway?

Part of me thinks the best thing that could happen is ND goes completely independent in football, and then joins the C7 for everything else. Because of this, the ACC contract is worth less (think of the money they just added because ND was in the conference). ACC looks at how they have to make up the lost revenue...by adding UCONN and Cincinnati. 16 in football and basketball.

Reaction Score
I have heard just the opposite. That ND is committed to the ACC. Where did you get your info?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think this is a C7 fan's pipe dream. Perhaps not quite the level of meth-addled hallucinations of a WVU pipe dream, but a pipe dream nonetheless.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would love this rumor if true, but I am skeptical. It would put the ACC in full scramble mode, and likely result in quick invites for UConn and Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
I would love this rumor if true, but I am skeptical. It would put the ACC in full scramble mode, and likely result in quick invites for UConn and Cincinnati.

Why would it result in an invite to Cincy and UConn?

They'd have 14 full sports members in the ACC if ND left.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why would it result in an invite to Cincy and UConn?

They'd have 14 full sports members in the ACC if ND left.

Part of what is holding the ACC together in my opinion is the potential for an ND all sports membership. I don't think that is the primary factor, but it is Top 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
I have heard just the opposite. That ND is committed to the ACC. Where did you get your info?

I think this is just wishful thinking by the WVU fans who want the ACC destroyed. Swarbrick said he would talk to the C7 about a one-year deal if they called him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think ND would be better served by going with the C7, so I don't think it is out of the question that they do so. The C7 play in big cities with lots of ND alums and catholics. Other than BCU and Miami, that is not so much the case with the ACC.

Reaction Score
I think ND would be better served by going with the C7, so I don't think it is out of the question that they do so. The C7 play in big cities with lots of ND alums and catholics. Other than BCU and Miami, that is not so much the case with the ACC.
Because the C7 schools are so very competitive in baseball, nag ball, soccer and lacrosse. ND wants to be in a league for everything but football that enhances the schedules and overall rankings of their non-revenue sports. They want to win the Capital One/Sears cup every year. The C7 will not provide that. It also explains part of the reason they will be in Hockey East since the B1G hockey league will take away all of their regional opponents worth anything.

The ACC is being stupid in allowing the partial membership. Whatever the revenue enhancement ND brings, the upside/advantage it gives to ND is more. ND never wants to be a partner. They want to be the ruler.

Reaction Score
Because the C7 schools are so very competitive in baseball, nag ball, soccer and lacrosse. ND wants to be in a league for everything but football that enhances the schedules and overall rankings of their non-revenue sports. They want to win the Capital One/Sears cup every year. The C7 will not provide that. It also explains part of the reason they will be in Hockey East since the B1G hockey league will take away all of their regional opponents worth anything.

The ACC is being stupid in allowing the partial membership. Whatever the revenue enhancement ND brings, the upside/advantage it gives to ND is more. ND never wants to be a partner. They want to be the ruler.
In principal, I agree, this partial membership is not only stupid but also a facade. At the time, and even now to a certain extent, the ACC had no choice. Even with partial membership, ND was a lifeline to that conference. If that didn't happen, realignment would look much different. Whats amazing to me are the results when a school(Louisville) or a league(ACC) plays the aggressor. I just wish that Herbst an Warde would take notice, instead of falling on blind eyes and deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom