ND vs Duke Tonight.... | The Boneyard

ND vs Duke Tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Info from Duke about video streaming. I believe it will cost $4.99 to watch.

Go Duke - Link

UND.com also has a link for ND audio feed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to predict on this. ND is the better team, but I like Duke's athleticism. On a neutral court, ND should win. I'd guess by 8. If Duke can force TOs and Williams has a beast of a game, Duke could win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to predict on this. ND is the better team, but I like Duke's athleticism. On a neutral court, ND should win. I'd guess by 8. If Duke can force TOs and Williams has a beast of a game, Duke could win.
i'm not sure that ND has more talent. maybe they have more experienced talent but Duke is no slouch. their sophomore class was rated #1 by HG i think coming out of HS and they have at least 2-3 kids in that class who are really good. i think Duke has a big advantage in the post with Williams, Henson, and Vernery. but ND has shown that it's tough to stop their guards and wings and i think Diggins and Novasel are better than Duke's backcourt.

Duke's problems recently, IMHO, have been an inability to score and then against a good team like UCONN, they slow down on defense and get shellacked. but like you i have no idea what to predict. it will be a great test for both teams and a great chance for Duke to show they are ready to play with the big boys.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
i'm not sure that ND has more talent. maybe they have more experienced talent but Duke is no slouch. their sophomore class was rated #1 by HG i think coming out of HS and they have at least 2-3 kids in that class who are really good. i think Duke has a big advantage in the post with Williams, Henson, and Vernery. but ND has shown that it's tough to stop their guards and wings and i think Diggins and Novasel are better than Duke's backcourt.

Duke's problems recently, IMHO, have been an inability to score and then against a good team like UCONN, they slow down on defense and get shellacked. but like you i have no idea what to predict. it will be a great test for both teams and a great chance for Duke to show they are ready to play with the big boys.

ND might have the better team, but I feel that Duke has the better talent. Actually I think we have the best young talent in the country this year... i look forward to seeing where we stack up against a final 4 contender like ND. My worries are 2 fold..... our perimeter defense and our tendency to press. I dont think pressing ND full time is a good idea.... unless we are trying to lose big. I think it should be a good game... ive seen others who say it will be a 20 point blowout for ND:rolleyes: But then again... they thought that they would blowout UVA.. and we see how that turned out.

Reaction Score
This is an early season game in which it will be interesting to see the development of a team<Duke> with alot of young talent going against
a team that has very high expectations and experienced upper class talent
returning. The 3 stars on ND,along with the younger talent,should provide
if everyone is healthy<aren't there some injuries?> the edge. I like the talent on both teams. This is a game,that if womens basketball had the same TV deals that mens BB does would be promoted as a game on the ESPN network worth watching.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Now 21-14, Duke up, about 6 remaining.

Rutgers beat Ariz St.

Georgetown upsets Georgia.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i can't tell waht's going on in the game as tehre is no box score to see any of the stats, but taht has to be a surprise. Duke may well be a lot better than people thought

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke leads 36-20 @ the half. Wish the game was on free tv or streaming.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND has gone on a 19-5 run in the 2nd half to get within 2 points 41-39

Reaction Score
I'm following this, and it's the best I have found.

http://twitter.com/#!/ndwbbsid

Williams with 11 at the half
Novosel has 10, with 7 in the second half
Hayley and dev Peters both have 3 fouls on them.
ND on 21-5 run currently

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i can't even find live stats. ESPN only shows the score - no box score with stats on the players. gametracker doesn't have a link for that game. insane that i can find it for Texas/Cal, but not a pair of top 10 teams in Duke/ND...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke leads by 2 points with 1:25 left in the game and Duke at the free throw line.

Williams of Duke had the chance to extend the lead but missed two free throws. She's not a good free throw shooter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke has missed three straight free throws
Made 1 free throw now lead by 3 points with 1:15 left
Diggins missed a shot but got the rebound. ND Time out.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
1:05 left in game ND with the ball Duke up by 3 Duke in a Zone.
ND shot at least 3 shots and missed all but got the rebounds and Duke fouled ND
ND now at the line Made 1st, Missed 2nd
42 seconds left

Reaction Score
A team will lose many more close games than they will win missing free throws in the last three minutes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke misses shot and ND ties the game with 13 seconds left.
Duke did not call a time out to set up the last shot.
Duke turnover with 3 seconds ND has the ball.
ND made shot at the buzzer to win the game.
Duke announcers questioning whether shot should have counted, but there's no video replay.
ND wins the Game. IMHO this is a bad Duke loss since they had a big lead.
Missed Free throws down the stretch to keep ND in the game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds like Novosel made the winning basket. Who made the basket that tied the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom