ND-UConn Box Score | The Boneyard

ND-UConn Box Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Notre Dame vs. Connecticut - Box Score - December 3, 2017 - ESPN

Ogunbowale shot 8-25 and 1-10 on three-pointers. That's not a recipe for success.

Jackie Young shot 1-5 and scored 2 points. Gabby shot 1-7 and scored 2 points. This much anticipated match-up was a wash, though Gabby had 5 assists and 5 boards in her limited minutes.

Napheesa, Azura and Megan did a nice job on the defensive boards in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score

Ogunbowale shot 8-25 and 1-10 on three-pointers. That's not a recipe for success.

Jackie Young shot 1-5 and scored 2 points. Gabby shot 1-7 and scored 2 points. This much anticipated match-up was a wash, though Gabby had 5 assists and 5 boards in her limited minutes.

Napheesa, Azura and Megan did a nice job on the defensive boards in the 2nd half.
Don't forget about Lou coming back. She played amazing!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Stats of the Game are:

UConn held Jackie Young to 2 points when she averages 17.9 per game.
Ogunbowale took 25 shots to score her 19 points. She was also 1-10 on three point shots. She also only took 3 Free Throws.

Reaction Score

The Box Score freaked me out. I was sure that ND got every single rebound on both ends of the floor, and that every shot they took went in. Didn't realize that Young was skunked or that Arike shot such a low %. Lou got 18? When? Where was I when this was going on? In every category UConn outplayed the Irish--but I'd swear it wasn't so. Until the Box Score. (Yay)

Reaction Score
She is strong and a very willing rebounder as we saw today.
nd

Megan is more than a scorer, defender--she is a rebounder. Good rebounders KNOW where the ball is going --and gets there. She jumps really well for her size, has strong hands and arms--and is not afraid to mix it up with the big guys--and Sheppard and Westbled are big guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

THANKs for the Box score---nothing like having facts to lie about.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Box Score freaked me out. I was sure that ND got every single rebound on both ends of the floor, and that every shot they took went in. Didn't realize that Young was skunked or that Arike shot such a low %. Lou got 18? When? Where was I when this was going on? In every category UConn outplayed the Irish--but I'd swear it wasn't so. Until the Box Score. (Yay)
Me too. Can't believe the Huskies outrebounded ND and held them to 37.8% from the field. It felt like ND was lighting the Huskies up until the 4th qtr.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is strong and a very willing rebounder as we saw today.
In the UCLA presser, Meg whispered to Geno that she tipped some rebounds. Geno discounted her, saying she needed to corral them or they didn't count. Meg got the message.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Arike can shoot her team into and out of games. The key is to make her shoot off balance.

Spot on, MH. She is pretty good driving to the rim, but as an outside shooter she rushes many of her shots, making just enough of them to embolden her to launch still another. I like her fearlessness and energy, but as to other necessary aspects, I have some doubts.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Westbeld three shots in 30 minutes? I didn't watch her closely in the game, so no idea if the Huskies were guarding her closely off the ball. She's a good shooter; glad she didn't take 10 of Ogunbowale's shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom