ND Pre-Game | The Boneyard

ND Pre-Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really like her sense of humor. Today's Courant article has Geno liking a lot about Katie Lou. Certainly hope she can play meaningful minutes Sunday without bad consequences.

Reaction Score
Also posted in Video Geno & Players....

Lou has come a long, long way--but so has Geno--since that horrible time when he humiliated her in the halftime locker room and UConn unfortunately let that tape be shown.
\

Old time Management training adage: Praise in public, chastise in PRIVATE. Works wonders for everyone concerned.

Reaction Score
\

Old time Management training adage: Praise in public, chastise in PRIVATE. Works wonders for everyone concerned.
yup. unfortunately, that tape got to be part of the Geno show, effectively (but misleadingly, I'm sure) suggesting that Geno was happy to air that in public. I can't help but think that his full-time praise of Lou these days (really getting the Maya and D treatment, and as much I admire Lou, she ain't no Maya or D) is his attempt to make it up to her. People make mistakes; but what they do about them afterwards is how we judge them, and Geno comes off pretty well, indeed, in my book.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

Lou has come a long, long way--but so has Geno--since that horrible time when he humiliated her in the halftime locker room and UConn unfortunately let that tape be shown.

I have to say even I was very uncomfortable watching that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
yup. unfortunately, that tape got to be part of the Geno show, effectively (but misleadingly, I'm sure) suggesting that Geno was happy to air that in public. I can't help but think that his full-time praise of Lou these days (really getting the Maya and D treatment, and as much I admire Lou, she ain't no Maya or D) is his attempt to make it up to her. People make mistakes; but what they do about them afterwards is how we judge them, and Geno comes off pretty well, indeed, in my book.

Well, thanks @bags27 . I had buried that whole kerfuffle in the senile part of my memory. I was mortified by the little half time vignette and was not pursuaded by all the tough love, suck it up posts. You may be right about how Geno may harbor a sense that he had something to make up for with Katie Lou. Yesterday he did a good job. Most basketball savvy and can do things no one else can do. With her out there things are a lot better. Not much you can add to that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Incidents of that nature, should be behind closed doors team business, and something the public never sees, or be made aware of, not even by accident. Sometimes there is dialog between a coach and his/her players that should be confined between the walls of the locker room. NO PLAYER wants or is OK with being read their rights by their coach made public. A good teacher/coach will find a way to teach a player/student how to do something, or get their point across without humiliating the player/student. We've heard players (Gabby) say they have learned to take what Geno says, not how he says it. That does not work for every player. Theories or concepts can be loss in the translation when delivered in that manner.

Every coach at every level in every sport should know that, and conduct themselves accordingly. Would YOU want YOUR child embarrassed like that, and have the tape leaked to the news media, who made sure it went viral? Some players have thick skin, others don't. Why was their halftime locker room session being taped in the first place. There are some places a camera does not belong. This sort of thing may influence potential recruits and their parents. We sometimes wonder why potential recruits choose to go else where. They watch TV too, and there's social media. If it happened to Katie Lou, it could happen to them. :mad:

Reaction Score
Incidents of that nature, should be behind closed doors team business, and something the public never sees, or be made aware of, not even by accident. Sometimes there is dialog between a coach and his/her players that should be confined between the walls of the locker room. NO PLAYER wants or is OK with being read their rights by their coach made public. A good teacher/coach will find a way to teach a player/student how to do something, or get their point across without humiliating the player/student. We've heard players (Gabby) say they have learned to take what Geno says, not how he says it. That does not work for every player. Theories or concepts can be loss in the translation when delivered in that manner.

Every coach at every level in every sport should know that, and conduct themselves accordingly. Would YOU want YOUR child embarrassed like that, and have the tape leaked to the news media, who made sure it went viral? Some players have thick skin, others don't. Why was their halftime locker room session being taped in the first place. There are some places a camera does not belong. This sort of thing may influence potential recruits and their parents. We sometimes wonder why potential recruits choose to go else where. They watch TV too, and there's social media. If it happened to Katie Lou, it could happen to them. :mad:
The problem is UConn is extensively covered by the media and as the players have mentioned in passing, there are cameras on and around them constantly for one reason or another. At practice, in the locker room, after games, there's always a camera in their face capturing every moment including the raw and embarrassing ones. That's the price you pay when you're part of what is essentially the Hollywood of WCBB.

Reaction Score
Notice Lexi 5 for 5 from three point land during Kia interview. Well we know she can shoot but will she play?

Reaction Score
Notice Lexi 5 for 5 from three point land during Kia interview. Well we know she can shoot but will she play?
You sure? Thought I saw her clunking a few off the front of the rim?

Reaction Score
She made 4 in a row from straight on then something like 2 of six from the side

Reaction Score
The problem is UConn is extensively covered by the media and as the players have mentioned in passing, there are cameras on and around them constantly for one reason or another. At practice, in the locker room, after games, there's always a camera in their face capturing every moment including the raw and embarrassing ones. That's the price you pay when you're part of what is essentially the Hollywood of WCBB.

Look at the current media "coverage" of people who are on TV a lot. Can you imagine the results if a Professor, who is also a teacher, took a student to task during a TV interview? I know the answer--much less happened during every year for the past 20 or so---litigious is the current society.

Reaction Score

Mistakes are single incidents, when it is repeated it becomes a habit. Strange society: What one person does is a mistake, the same "mistake" done by another becomes unacceptable.

Svetlana had a running public, in the media, exchange between her and Geno. That didn't have the sting of this because--it was give and take. She hit him with verbal shots equal to or exceeding any of his.

Reaction Score
bags27, you ain't no Maya or D either. As well as they've played, they are not the same without Lou.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
clanged a few, then hit 5 in a row.
She shot an airball on the first one when I noticed it was her shooting. And whether she hit four in a row or five in a row, the promise is still the same.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

Only a bully would do something like that. Payback's a bitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom